cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation

DDolce
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried and tried again and I have no idea why this isn't working. Its very frustrating, especially trying to get any help. 

I tried to activate my SIM. It keeps telling me the card is already in service or something and to close all windows and try again. Very annoying because I've done that as well as tried on a different device, AND I've erased all my history as well to clear anything BUT my card refuses to activate. At all. I NEED someone to please fix this situation. I just got this SIM in the mail today and I'm ready to get it working for my phone and it WONT let me. So please do something. Or refund me. Please help.

21 REPLIES 21

@Arifur1970 wrote:

@slvvl02 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I just got a new SIM card in the mail and I'm trying to activate it. I filled out the form and submitted, but went back to change something. Now it's telling me the SIM card number is reserved in another session.

Posting your sim card number here isn't going to get anything fixed.  For account related issues, no one here can help you.  All customer service is done by contacting Moderator_Team through private messaging.  The message that you posted is visible to anyone.

Arifur1970

@slvvl02 wrote:

I'm having the same issue. I just got a new SIM card in the mail and I'm trying to activate it. I filled out the form and submitted, but went back to change something. Now it's telling me the SIM card number is reserved in another session.

M@slvvl02 wrote:

Arifur1970

@slvvl02 wrote:

seyon_ravi

ASAP HELP

I keep going to activate my sim but it keeps saying that it's already activated. When I went to private message you guys, the site goes to an Error page. 

Please email me at seyon.r@gmail.com so that I can send all needed details and get me on to the Public Mobile network asap! 

Thank you!!!

@Jeremy_M

@Brooke_C

@Saray_O

@Shazia_K

@MarieHelene_L

jrsulja2

Yes it is a promo to keep us with them

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?  $20 talk/text at the big R?  Must be some promo rate you have.

jrsulja2

it might just be a sign for me to stay with Rogers, $20 a month will give me unlimited Canada wide calling & text.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jrsulja2, If you haven't heard from mods at this point, it won't be until tomorrow morning (after 9am EST).  Give it a couple of hours, clear your cache, restart your browser, and then use privacy/incognito mode.

Whatever is locking your SIM is likely not on your end.  It should clear itself eventually.  You might be able to resolve this yourself before the morning.  Please let us know what happens.

jrsulja2

tried this....didn't work for me.....

jrsulja2

Same here!  I've tried countless things, including using a different computer and still I get the error: The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again.

I had pm'd a moderator and hopefully I'll get an answer soon as my phone service with another provider is up at midnight tonight!!!!

Daniedutoit

Tried again day later on different device and worked

william1

i have the same problem god dammit

Daniedutoit

Thank you

@Daniedutoitwrote:

Hi, how do I send a private message?  I have the same issue of sim card in use in anotHer session when I pressed "previous"  

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, PIN, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Daniedutoit, just Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Daniedutoit

Hi, how do I send a private message?  I have the same issue of sim card in use in anotHer session when I pressed "previous"  

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @pakmode

Feel free to send us a private message. We'll be happy to look into this for you 🙂

Best,

Syed

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CS_Agent

I too am having this issue while trying to activate a new account.

I entered the sim, chose a phone number, went to the payment page, but had to change something, so clicked Previous. 

After that it timed out and then this error keeps coming up.

"The SIM number you’ve entered is currently reserved by another session. Please close all open browsers and try again."

I also have tried everything like clearing browsers, using incognito, but nothing seems to work. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would contact mods with sim card number and your details.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

If you have a Porting issue, please also include:

• The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time] from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

fanfan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It happened to me one time in the past where if at anytime during the activation process AFTER entering the sim #, it took too long and timed out, or if my browser froze and crashed, and I had to re-start the activation process, It would result in getting an error message that the sim was already linked to another account or unable to be used. 

slvvl02

Need Help? Let's chat.