cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation issue

vicm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just sent PM to moderators as it seems pretty technical, but, maybe, somebody here had similar issue and can advise.

Today, I attempted to activate a new PM SIM, create account and to port my old number from Virgine Mobile.

I started SIM activation process, entered all required SIM / personal info, reached number selection stage and selected an option to port my old number. Entered all info required for porting my old numer and clicked Next (or Continue, something to that extend). After I got a spinning weel for a few minutes and then something like "Opps, something went wrong. But, do not panic. Log off in Log In to continue".

I am not sure if it is important, but I could have that time a previous session logged into PM site with my wife account. Tab with that session was just closed before starting new activation, but not logged off properly.

Anyway, when I tried to login back into PM account with my new email/password I got "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again." . I tried to reset passwrd a few times (my email is recognized, I am getting password reset link and 'Password successfully reset' message), but still "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.".

Any advice how to deal with that?

5 REPLIES 5

Taz12004
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

not sure how your computer is and may not solve the whole issue but have enocuntered similiar issue with one aspect where you go to set up an account and sometimes the processing, the spinning wheele, while you wait it takes too long and it will pop up an error. it usually hasnt fully processed everything and sometimes it doesnt take anything and i have had to re enter imfomation all over again and have found when have done that sometimes it happens quick and doesnt time out. i think maybe and not an expert but maybe setting up your account and your wife if i understand correctly already has an account and some info may be similair that it is throwing an error cause isnt able to seperate the two with seprate accounts thinking is just that same account just some different info thinking when you try is just same account already opened.

vicm

The issue has been resolved. I folloved advices, waited an hour, srarted activation again, and was able to finish successfully. Thanks.

vicm

Thank you for advises. No payment stage yet. Will try to wait and start with clean browser.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vicm wrote:

Hi, I just sent PM to moderators as it seems pretty technical, but, maybe, somebody here had similar issue and can advise.

Today, I attempted to activate a new PM SIM, create account and to port my old number from Virgine Mobile.

I started SIM activation process, entered all required SIM / personal info, reached number selection stage and selected an option to port my old number. Entered all info required for porting my old numer and clicked Next (or Continue, something to that extend). After I got a spinning weel for a few minutes and then something like "Opps, something went wrong. But, do not panic. Log off in Log In to continue".

I am not sure if it is important, but I could have that time a previous session logged into PM site with my wife account. Tab with that session was just closed before starting new activation, but not logged off properly.

Anyway, when I tried to login back into PM account with my new email/password I got "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again." . I tried to reset passwrd a few times (my email is recognized, I am getting password reset link and 'Password successfully reset' message), but still "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again.".

Any advice how to deal with that?

@vicm  usually when that happens you have to wait about an hour for the lock on your activation to expire. Just clear your cache and try again and you should be able to complete the activation.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@vicm  did you get to payment step?  If it error was after payment step, try sim card in your phone and see it works.

If you didn't get to payment step, clear browser cache and close browser.  Wait 1 hour.  Launch a browser like Chrome in incogntio mode and try activation again.

Need Help? Let's chat.