cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation and porting problem

Gordeee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I filled out the SIM activation and porting information yesterday. Got a text from public mobile this morning that says 

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your requestto move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation onine form. Thanks"

When I go to the webside I don't see anywhere that says "contact us" and I tried to activate as a new sim but it won't let me.

Porting my number from a voip provider voip.ms sms seems to be working and I can make outgoing calls.  Just no incoming calls yet.

Any help would be great.  

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

@Gordeee wrote:

I filled out the SIM activation and porting information yesterday. Got a text from public mobile this morning that says 

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your requestto move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation onine form. Thanks"

When I go to the webside I don't see anywhere that says "contact us" and I tried to activate as a new sim but it won't let me.

Porting my number from a voip provider voip.ms sms seems to be working and I can make outgoing calls.  Just no incoming calls yet.

Any help would be great.  

Thanks 

When it comes to "no incoming calls yet", realize that receiving that text message from Public Mobile means that the porting request has failed. No amount of waiting will fix the incoming call issue.

Continue to use your old company's service in the meantime to getting your calls.

You will need to follow the instructions from earlier about using the automated chat window to open a service ticket.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Gordeee  porting from a voip can take upto a week so it's strange you got that message so fast.  You will need to contact mods and resubmit your porting data.

The best way to contact moderators is to use the ChatBot SIMon (the green ? on bottom of screen). Typing "submit ticket" then clicking on "contact us", is the quickest way I have found to get to the submit ticket for moderator assistance form.

Or you can  look at this thread as mods are taking a ferry long time to answer. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Get-your-PORT-ISSUES-FIXED-BY-LIVE-AGENT-...

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Simon.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.