cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activation - Credit Card issue

Sunlightnk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys, 
I just bought Public Mobile sim card and want to activate it. I am stuck on step 5 - Payment. I have 2x Mastercard credit cards and spent a couple of hours to finish activation, but all the time got message " Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information." 

I have never had any issues with my credit cards, but its a huge pain to use it @ PM.

I tried not to put apartment number, removed Blvd, used incognito mode - no help. 

I am about to go back and return sim card. 

Can you please advise and help me???

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Sunlightnk

Hi Guys, So i was trying to activate my sim card at home and Walmart using my RBC credit card and Visa debit and activation was not competed - error came out. But I found the solution - activated with American Express mastercard. Activation was completed successfully. Then i went my account payment setting and changed credit card to another one. So many hours spend, but finally made it. Hopefully, my story will be useful for somebody else. Good luck!

@Sunlightnk wrote:

Hi, I checked my cards - they were not charged.

@Sunlightnk try again in about an hour. Clear browser cache, open a new window in incognito/private mode. If that doesn't help contact a moderator as described above.

Sunlightnk

Hi, I checked my cards - they were not charged.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Sunlightnk wrote:

Hi guys, 
I just bought Public Mobile sim card and want to activate it. I am stuck on step 5 - Payment. I have 2x Mastercard credit cards and spent a couple of hours to finish activation, but all the time got message " Sorry, we are unable to process your credit card request. Please ensure your credit card details are entered correctly and try again. If you continue to experience problems, please contact your credit card provider for more information." 

I have never had any issues with my credit cards, but its a huge pain to use it @ PM.

I tried not to put apartment number, removed Blvd, used incognito mode - no help. 

I am about to go back and return sim card. 

Can you please advise and help me???

Thank you.

@Sunlightnk hi have you tried sim in your phone sometime it is activated also check to see if you were charged 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Sunlightnk I would double check to see if your card was in fact charged. If it was insert the sim and it should work. Otherwise your card may have locked from too many tries. You will need to contact a moderator for help by clicking the chat bubble bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.