cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM activated and paid. $25 sez internationl talk and text plud data

Coaster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I look for networks available but no Public mobile shows up? 

I'm working when using wifi but when out of range nothing. Some people get texts (blue bubble) but not all? No pictures.

Using iphone 5s and was told it would work with public mobile.

Help please, thanxs.

Coaster

28 REPLIES 28

Coaster

Once again, you've been awesome!

I think I'll just move on knowing they got me with ambiguous ads.

Lesson learned, enjoy the weekend.

@Coaster 

Not long enough to make another service provider from the US worthwhile. I would suggest downloading text now and fongo. Fongo has less ads and you have the option of also using it on mobile data for phone calls (0.5mb=1min).You could keep the status quo with incoming texts and free calling and texting on wifi and/or purchase a US 10 day roaming data add on then you have all services on wifi or mobile data.

Coaster

Until Nov 11th, a day to remember.

@Coaster 

I see so the intent was the texting. The $15 plan would of served your needs (w/a US roaming add on) as the texting is unlimited. How long are you in the US for? Maybe we can suggest some alternatives for you.

@Coaster wrote:

That sure explains a lot. Not very clear when you sign up. No "only in Canada" anywhere?

So it's useless for what I signed up for.

Now I know, never go with total digital help.......I need human contact. $35 I will never see again.

Thanxs for the explanation......finally.

Adios.

You can always be a bit more careful when signing up for prepaid mobile service. And any mobile service you should read the fine print...Terms and Conditions. 

8787C8A5-28D6-45EF-8429-9E6DA4555C0C.jpeg

@Coaster 

It's only $8 for the US 10 day roaming texting add on ( you can already recieve texts) or download text now for free on wifi and you can return texts when on wifi.

Coaster

I want to hire you, tenacious to the end!  haha

I activated in Canada, but apparently the texting internationally(what I wanted) is only from Canada. Not mentioned in the ad, of course.

@Coaster 

So you did try to activate while in the US? Or did you do it in Canada and not get a connection? There was a CSA that said a sim card swap may be possible from the US so if it's a provisioning issue you may still be able to get service with the purchase of a roaming add on. Your bonus referral credit will cover that cost at least. It cant hurt to ask the CSA what your options are.

It is typical to need to be in the country of the provider to activate their sim card so that you can connect with their network for provisioning of your sim card. 

Edit:

Almost every other Canadian provider charges a minimum $9 a day for US roaming on top of your plan charges.

Coaster

That sure explains a lot. Not very clear when you sign up. No "only in Canada" anywhere?

So it's useless for what I signed up for.

Now I know, never go with total digital help.......I need human contact. $35 I will never see again.

Thanxs for the explanation......finally.

Adios.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Coaster : Did you do all the activation while in Canada? Or are you trying to do all this while in the US?

I don't think one can activate while in the US. You can go through the motions but I would really think the SIM needs to see a Canadian tower to fully work.

And _then_ you could go to the states. Fun fact: you can receive texts in the states without a roaming add-on...after activation...I think.

But maybe I'm all wrong.

@Coaster wrote:

I didn't port my number as I'm in the US for another 3 weeks and wanted a different number.

Most of all my sign in contact stuff is at home.

They said "it's so easy to do" probably for you but not me.

Once again, thanxs for the time.

I sent a message to the link(thanxs for that) you sent.

This is the worst experience on line I've had.

A REAL live person would be huge for me. Never again will I go with digital help only.

Coaster

@Coaster 

Are you trying to use your PM phone number in the USA right now?  If so, you will need to purchase a 10 day USA roaming package.  Even though you have international text with your $25 plan, that is texting from within Canada.  Your plan does not work within the USA unless you purchase  a roaming package.

Here are the roaming packages:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Once you purchase, then you phone should work. 

Coaster

I didn't port my number as I'm in the US for another 3 weeks and wanted a different number.

Most of all my sign in contact stuff is at home.

They said "it's so easy to do" probably for you but not me.

Once again, thanxs for the time.

I sent a message to the link(thanxs for that) you sent.

This is the worst experience on line I've had.

A REAL live person would be huge for me. Never again will I go with digital help only.

Coaster

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Coaster 

Did you port your old number over to PM?

Check your setting and go to:

Setting>Messages>enable MMS messaging and enable Send as SMS.

Then power off your phone and wait a few minutes then power on again.

Also check your Setting>Cellular>under Network Selection>it should indicate Public Mobile…if not then the porting is not completed. 
Also check if Cellular Data is also enabled.

@Coaster 

This happens on occasion. It does not take long for a CSA to do this for you. If it doesn't work then you could have possibly gotten a bad sim card. Rare but does happen. If that's the case then you would have to purchase a new one and save the reciept. The CSA will credit your account the cost of the replacement.

I'm assuming the $25 you are referring to is the sim card + your plan cost. Did you have a referral code when you activated for the $10 bonus credit? If not just private message another member and ask for theirs.....the CSA will add it to your account for you.

Coaster

I'll try but this isn't at all what I expected. I may have to eat the $25 plus SIM cost and move on.

You've been awesome and I appreciate it.

@Coaster 

Put "sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line and....

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Coaster

All I get is the Simple Simon idiot who can't answer anything?

@Coaster 

Ask them to reprovision your sim card to your account.

Coaster

I sent a message to PM and they said i5s works....try it?

@Coaster 

If you get no network connection or when you check mobile networks in your settings and nothing is showing up then @t_p is hitting on the head. Your sim card may not have provisioned upon activation. Do you have access to your self serve account?

Regardless contact customer support as instructed. Type in "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Keep an eye on the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA. Responding promptly will speed up service times. Wait times are about an hour or so currently.

5S does work on Public Mobile. 

Blue bubble texts are iMessages Apple to Apple over wifi or data. Pics will work. 

Apple/Android texting is green bubble and for pic data must be turned on. 

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Coaster wrote:

Hello,

I'm working when using wifi but when out of range nothing. Some people get texts (blue bubble) but not all? No pictures.

Help please, thanxs.

Coaster

@Coaster 

Does your issue start since you activate your account?

If so, your SIM may not be properly provisioned. Open a ticket with CS via:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Coaster

Boy, I am impressed with all the suggestions. Esp. the really basic to follow ones.

I'll try these and let you know.

A big THANK YOU to all!

@Coaster 

Apple products have a specific set up procedure. While on wifi check for any iOS software updates. Once that is completed then connect to iTunes so your phone can configure the APN settings. You will then want to check you have enabled SMS/MMS so that you can send and recieve texts to all users vs just iMessage (dark blue chat bubbles).

Edit:

This thread is a good reference as well...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323118#M24562

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Coaster 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Coaster 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings
Spoiler
For IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Coaster

Should public mobile show as a network in roaming?

TU

@Coaster wrote:

Try a network reset. Aso, try connecting your phone to run iTunes as this may complete the Apple activation process.

Need Help? Let's chat.