cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM a card says pre paid

cb15
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I managed to chat with a public mobile agent he advised with canada post delays to purchase a SIM card directly from a store that’s open. The only one London Drugs has says pre paid. Will this work when I set up a $15/month plan? 

8 REPLIES 8

vrouthier

The SIM card will work. Public is a prepaid service. So you just have to buy the sim, activate it, choose your plan (and pay for it), and there you go. All set. 

@cb15 wrote:

Great thx. Wanted to insure there wasn’t a second kind of sim. Why do you suggest not getting a referral code. I have one from a friend which gives me an additional credit plus the auto pay discount. 

@cb15  Public Mobile only uses one type of sim that is good for all plans. Yes, you should use your friend's referral code to get the bonus $10 credit. Once you activate your card and setup your selfserve account you will have you own referral that you can use to bring down the cost down by $1 for every referral that signs up.

cb15

Thx so much 

cb15

Great thx. Wanted to insure there wasn’t a second kind of sim. Why do you suggest not getting a referral code. I have one from a friend which gives me an additional credit plus the auto pay discount. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@cb15 wrote:

When I managed to chat with a public mobile agent he advised with canada post delays to purchase a SIM card directly from a store that’s open. The only one London Drugs has says pre paid. Will this work when I set up a $15/month plan? 

Yes, you can purchase your SIM from London drugs. Then go home and set up your account online by following get started. Make sure you have a referral code as well to save yourself 10.00, which is the cost of the SIM.

As others have said Public is prepaid 🙂

https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM offers prepaid plans.  After you purchase the sim you would need to setup an account and pay using vouchers, a credit card or Visa debit.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes. Any PM SIM can be used for any plan. Pre-paid refers to the SIM; no SIMs include a plan. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Public mobile is a prepaid service. Buy the sim, activate sim, choose the plan you want ($15 plan like you mentioned add autopay for $2 discount). Plans are 30 days and you pay in advance for the 30 days. Prepaid.

Don't forget a referral code.

Welcome to Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.