cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Not Registering?

prerack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I recently signed up for Public Mobile but I have been having a problem getting the service active.  It's like it's not recognizing the SIM.

The phone is unlocked and has been used with Koodo previously, so it should work with Public Mobile right?

I am not sure what else the issue could be.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

chrystal75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i feel like i got scammed, so my best option is to prob go back and deal with it through them and the manager!

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Him telling you you can't just buy the SIM card is false and misinformation that has been reported many times by other users with respect to WalMart. It's time Public Mobile really gets WalMart to fall in line with the policy of allowing SIM only sales. I suspect the WalMart employees could even be up to no good with stealing referals or using PM numbers in Koodo Migration deals. Just my conspiracy theory though.

chrystal75
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went into walmart to buy a sim card for iphone5, want to start public mobile and cancel my telus. He told me i had to register there and buy the sim card, couldn't just buy the sim card. So i did at the time it canceled telus account right away. We set up an account and plan, he told me to go to service register when home set it up. My phone is unlocked from telus, i can't even get into my account saying email wrong, and i have no phone. Now what?

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you activated at Walmart, you could consider going back and asking them for assistance.  That being said, I'm not sure how helpful they would be.  They might just direct you to contact Public Mobile directly.

Not sure if anybody else has experience with activation problems resulting from in-store activation?

prerack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for the quick response.

I signed up at Walmart with a new number but I didn't try the SIM at the time.  I tried it later but it has never been working.

I will contact the moderator team.  Thank you.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you sign up online, or in store?  Was the service ever working?  Were you trying to port in a number, or did you get a new number?

If it has never been working, you probably need to contact the Moderator Team so they can check on your account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.