cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Network Unlock

UselessSkate
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently went to a Walmart and got a line with Pubic Mobile and the rep said that everything was activated and that my line should be working but when I put the SIM inside my phone it says SIM Network Unlock PIN and it wants me to put a 8 digit code.

Can anyone help me and tell me how I unlock that SIM?

I have an HTC One M9, that was unlocked when I bought it. I got a line with chat-r (prepaid) and it worked with no problem. But when I put the public mobile SIM it's asking me for the network unlock pin...

Can anyone please help me? 

7 REPLIES 7

It sounds to me as if this phone is locked to Rogers.  Sometimes, stores can sell phones that they believe are unlocked but they end up being mistaken.  Often, they will purchase carrier locked phones and unlock themselves.  It possible, that they forgot to unlock the one that they sold you.

Previously, when you bought a phone AND plan at a store the phone was usually locked to the provider. Not so, now though.

Simplle test: try the PM SIM in another phone you are certain is unlocked, and a different non-Rogers SIM in yours.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

There are *some* phones out there that are sold unlock, but lock to the first SIM card provider when activated.  This may be the case for  you.

Call or visit the company that you first used the phone with to ask for assistance.

UselessSkate

I bought it from a cell phone store, when I bought it he told me it was unlocked. The EMEI is still valid.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think he means - is your phone locked to a specific carrier?  If you purchased the phone a year ago from Fido, for example, it is liekely locked to Fido, unless you got Fido to unlock it (would have been free starting in December 2017).

UselessSkate

What do you mean by SIM locked?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@UselessSkate, are you sure the phone is not SIM locked? 

Need Help? Let's chat.