cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Network Unlock Pin?

PL29
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I signed up with Public today, activated my SIM card and transfered my number from Freedom Mobile, but I get a request for a SIM Network Unlock PIN whenever I try turning on the phone with the SIM card. Do I need to request such a PIN? I've tried 1234 and 0000 to no avail. I looked up the IMEI on my phone and it said my phone (Sony Experia Xa1) was compatible with Public - do I need to make an unlock request to freedom? Or do I just need to wait some time before the SIM card is functional?

Sincerely,

PL29

13 REPLIES 13

dwr1970

I found the mod thanks

dwr1970

How do I message a mod

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dwr1970

Ah..puk is different...youll have to message a moderator for that issue

dwr1970

The tablet was never originally locked its now asking for a network PUK

Carld123

@dwr1970

I edited my post a bit....ive also never had a locked tablet..

@dwr1970 wrote:

My tablet is asking for an unlock code yet it has never been locked with anyone I used it prior to coming to public with Roger's with no issues and now its asking for an unlock code. What do I do?

Some devices are sold unlocked but lock themselves to the carrier of the first SIM inserted.

You have to get the unlock code from Rogers. If it's a Samsung device you can get the code directly from Samsung.

dwr1970

It wasn't locked to begin with it didnt be long to any network

Carld123

@dwr1970

Call rogers ask for an unlock code for your device...personally tho..ive never had a locked tablet..

dwr1970

My tablet is asking for an unlock code yet it has never been locked with anyone I used it prior to coming to public with Roger's with no issues and now its asking for an unlock code. What do I do?

Great to hear that you got everything working

PL29

That did the trick. Thanks for the quick reply!

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @PL29

It sounds like your phone is locked to your original network provider. Please contact Freedom Mobile to request an unlock code to unlock your phone. Phone unlock requests are now free. 

After inputting the code, your phone will be unlocked and should be working provided that your number ported over to Public Mobile successfully. 

Good luck! 

PL29

For the record, I did transfer the number over before disconnecting from Freedom.

Need Help? Let's chat.