cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Locked Message?

Kyleecar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi we hooked up an activated a phone today but now it’s telling me my sim is locked and asking for a code. What do I do? 

6 REPLIES 6

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

When your device displays the message “SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK” it means that the network unlock code (NCK) has been inserted wrongly several times therefore the phone is going to protect itself and it requires to enter the Master Unlock Code which is the Sim Network PUK.

We wish that we had that number so we could provide it to you, unfortunately, not even the original carrier will have it. In this case, you will have to contact the manufacturer of your phone. (for example, if it´s a Samsung device, you will have to contact Samsung). in order for them to get the Sim Network Code to you.

***If the phone is just asking for the PIN please contact the moderators:

Submit a ticket via the 24/7 virtual assistance SIMon to get this looked at
Note that you will need to create and/or sign in to the Community for the below link to work.

SUBMIT A TICKET - https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help

@Kyleecarwrote:

Hi we hooked up an activated a phone today but now it’s telling me my sim is locked and asking for a code. What do I do?

This could be a carrier-locked phone (locked by the phone vendor), a PUK-locked SIM card (locked out after too many incorrect password/PIN attempts), or an inactivated SIM card (not a recognized/registered SIM card on the PM/Telus network).  Can't resolve the fault before identifying the cause.

@Ludditewrote:

Reboot your phone with the SIM installed. What message exactly appears on your phone?

Also ...

Exactly what brand/model is the phone?

And where did you (or the original owner) purchase it from?

@Kyleecar Reboot your phone with the SIM installed. What message exactly appears on your phone?

Can you try your SIM in a phone you know is unlocked?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kyleecar, what do you mean by 'checked it on here'?

Kyleecar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yep I’m sure and we checked it on here to before we hooked it up 

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Kyleecar, are you sure your phone is not locked to another company (other than Public mobile/Koodo/Telus)?

Need Help? Let's chat.