Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Lock PIN and moderator wait time

Tilo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

just switched to PM from Fido.

first of all the default SIM PIN for PM is 1234 not to confuse with your account PIN or phone PIN.

Second if you mess that up you need the PUK from the moderators. (see here KB 249348 )

I just mess up and requested the PUK, my request to MOD is unanswered since Yesterday 4pm PT (so over 24hrs no phone service and still waiting 😞

based on this suggestion:

- make PUK available in self service (Well requested since 2015 so might be low chance

- prioritize MOD request like this which block service over billing and question which doesn't block service.

Thanks and hope to hear back from the MOD team soon.

Can I alternatively get a new SIM from LD or Walmart and switch, might be faster than waiting for PM Mod team to reply.

5 REPLIES 5

YHS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

got PUK and PUK 2 in this time frame (bit less than 2days): 

Sent:            10-22-2018 10:27 PM
Answer received: 10-24-2018 02:25 PM

Tilo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

fyi, just heard back from Mod team and got my PUK.

Sent request:       ‎08-18-2018 03:24 PM PT

Answer received: 08-20-2018 12:40 PM PT

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have an additional suggestion.  SIM lock pin is quite extraneous.  If not used, that's one less chance of something going wrong causing need to seek moderator team support.  

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you did message the moderators directly, they will get back to you. It may take time as they do it on a first come firt serve basis. Hopefully your issue is resolved quickly. 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@TiloI like your suggestion on the PUK code. Hopefully they can fix the password reset at the same time. It would definitly make the work load less for public mobile mods, and customer service would be improved if they did this.

Yes you can change your sim in "my account"

Need Help? Let's chat.