cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card

29trapper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a SIM card on line over 2 weeks ago and got email that it was posted to Canada Post on Mar 24.  Assume it has been lost somewhere in the mail system.  How do I get a replacement sent out?

7 REPLIES 7

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@29trapper, before you even do that, make sure you have type in the right address. Sometimes, your brain is telling you the address, but your fingers decides to punch in the wrong number or address. I sometimes do this when I send stuff to my mailing address for delivered. I send my Amazon packages to my parents house, and I type in my postal code by mistake!

If you ordered online via Public Mobile's site which btw was cheaper before April 1st where it was only $5 bucks per SIM card, then click on the email. If you didn't get the email, check your junk or spam folders. IF not, do a search within your email folder. If no email, it could be the order wasn't put through (check your credit card statement online or paper)

If you did get an email, then click on view order. If it says it was delivered to this address, and it isn't your address, I would go to that person's address, and say, hey, my name is 29 Trapper, and I think you have my mail by mistake. Doesn't hurt first before hitting up the moderator team. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 11.12.04 PM.png

Pop1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@29trapper 

ive just been through the very same.

ordered March 17 and arrived April 6

putting another sim in the system doesn’t solve the issue.

It just gives another sim the chance of being re-routed and delayed as what happened to me.

Your order number doubles as your tracking number.

When your sim/package arrives at your local Canada post centre/if you enabled email notification on their website,you will receive a mail saying when it was scanned in and when it gets scanned out for delivery to you.

The present situation has interfered with everything as we know it.

My sim misdirection meant my sim/however far it got went straight back to Mississauga and started its journey all over.
As with most stuff now,this will test your patience.It tested mine.

You will get there but not as quick as you think.

hope this helps you on your journey towards a great service from PM.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@29trapper If you can come to western Mississauga I have a spare you may have. Contact me by private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@29trapper  You might be able to use to order# from the email to track the package at the Canada Post website. If not, submit a ticket to PM and iclude the order# they should be able to help you out.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@29trapper  if you track your SIM using your order number on the Canada Post website, and its lost , contact the moderators directly through private message here . Ask them for a replacement SIM card  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@29trapper wrote:

I ordered a SIM card on line over 2 weeks ago and got email that it was posted to Canada Post on Mar 24.  Assume it has been lost somewhere in the mail system.  How do I get a replacement sent out?

If ordered from PM...the email you got from PM included a tracking number. Go to the Canada Post tracking number site to see what the latest report shows.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@29trapper  I would contact a moderator. Explain your situation in the ticket and they will ship you a new one. This has happened to a few people before. Quick question. Did you order it from PM or from a third party like amazon ? If it was ordered from PM submit a Ticket. If it was ordered Through Amazon I would contact them. You should also try tracking your order by copying the order number from the email PM sent you and try tracking it on the canada post website  

Contact a moderator:

Step 1: Click Here to chat with SIMon

Annotation 2020-04-17 100554.jpg

Step 2: Type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile

customer service representative.

Step 4: Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent and the inbox

for a reply from the moderators.

Annotation 2020-04-17 103244.jpg

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.