cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Replacement

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Today, I almost thought I lost my phone, had a panic attack.  Than, I thought about it, what if I misplaced my phone and needed a replacement SIM Card, how do one go about doing so?

11 REPLIES 11

@gpixel 

Its possible I have more pm sim cards in stock then walmart.......

@darlicious it's okay. I must confess, I also have a growing collection of sim cards 🤫. the lucky and pm sims were bought, the rest were free from friends and other providers trying to get me to switch back

PXL_20201216_134450534~2.jpg

@gpixel I like to be prepared and you really dont want to see how many pm cards i have....the bf is on #3!!  The freedom cards are just in case a new referral has one of those phones with a greyed out add APN section.....and the new roommate is with freedom. A friend is with virgin and you can use them to get virgin promocodes for sportschek. The lucky card i couldnt resist for a quarter and a stamp for my collection......

Your half right ....heres the A3  pic.....

20201216_003318.jpg

@darlicious lol, what do you guys even do with all those sim cards?

top a3 

bottom g7

I got it right, trust me I know 😉

@dougc 

The mail is definetly backed up due to covid and christmas....recieved a shipment from CCS today the first time its been more than 5 days ( and as few as 2 days) to get to vancouver. Ordered on December 3rd and arrived today (well Dec 14th). Two sims... the newly designed and packaged pm sim card with the freedom sim stuffed in with the pm sim which is par for course. I believe they were $2.99 each.....previously purchased lucky and virgin for $0.25 each. Arrived in a standard size white envelope wth return address and another stamp for my collection.    @gpixel  A3 or g7?

IMG_20201216_001425769.jpgIMG_20201216_003243036.jpg

@dougc

A few community members such as @gblackma and @darlicious have also used PayPal to buy their sim cards. You can easily create a free PayPal account and wired funds into that account if you prefer. I don't have a credit card or bank account linked to it and will only add money when I need to. Transfer the funds such as a payment from a credit card, then unlinked it.

If you have another credit card that is used predominately for internet purchases, use that one instead. This is the method of madness when I shop online, where my credit card limit is low like $500. 

You can sometimes get a Pre-Paid credit card such as Visa, MasterCard, and maybe American Express? You have to pay a service fee to activate it (which I am frugal at that!), but it is a safer route.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dougc wrote:

@Gunner123 

C'C'S'  Reputable business off-loading excessive stock ?

Or actually one of those 'too low a price to be legit',  as mentioned in  previous threads last month !?      Although those had just a online existence  !?

@dougc hi I have bought at least 6 sims from them in the last 6 months have received them each time within a week used my cc had absolutely no issue in fact it is some of the best service I have had online

dougc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Gunner123 

C'C'S'  Reputable business off-loading excessive stock ?

( ie.  25 cent listing for a alternate provider's $10 SIM).

Or actually one of those 'too low a price to be legit',  as mentioned in  previous threads last month !?           Although those had just a online existence  !?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@danlee wrote:

Today, I almost thought I lost my phone, had a panic attack.  Than, I thought about it, what if I misplaced my phone and needed a replacement SIM Card, how do one go about doing so?

@danlee  hi they are 2.50 right now at https://canadiancellsupplies.com/

danlee
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Cool, thank you

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@danlee wrote:

@danlee If you ever find yourself needing a new sim card, buy one at any location that sells PM sims. The important part is DO NOT ACTIVATE the sim!!!!! Go into your self serve account and choose "change sim card".

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 4.13.16 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.