cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Not Working

LeviHughPalmer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my SIM card yesterday and it isn't working. I can't use data, make or receive calls, or send it secure text messages. Something even stranger us that I do have the network connection speed bar thing in the top corner of my screen. I'll attach a screenshot of what I'm talking about. Anyways can I get some help?

IMG_20200515_191938.jpg

48 REPLIES 48

LeviHughPalmer

@Staliger Thank you, I try that.

LeviHughPalmer

@geopublic Thank you, I will try that.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LeviHughPalmer 

While you are waiting for moderator, adding $1 to your account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.  The added $1 will remain in your account as available fund to be use in your next renewal date.

@LeviHughPalmer ah I see you picked uo a SIM are using a public mibile number and it is not working, ok got it. If none of the suggestions have worked yet you will need to contact the moderators. Now they wint get to your issue for 24 to 48 hours. 

Use this link to direct message them if you are not able to open a ticket with the moderators. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LeviHughPalmer

@Luddite I tried my sim in my sibling's phone and it doesn't work. 

@LeviHughPalmer Better to seek for moderators assistance. They can help you with your account. You could contact moderators directly through the private message here if it is urgent. (they usually reply within 48 hours) https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LeviHughPalmer

@Naepalm this is my first sim

@LeviHughPalmer wrote:

@gblackma I use a xiaomi redmi note 7. I checked to see if it is compatible with public mobile and it is. I also tried using a siblings pm sim and it worked just fine. I also have tried restarting it. I also tried taking it out and switching what slot it's in in the sim tray. Still not working

Try your SIM in their phone. Though I suspect your account has not provisioned properly.

Look at Fongo or TextNow to tide you over using wifi until the moderators sort the problem.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@LeviHughPalmer  If your siblings PM sim card is working in your device more than likely your account was not provisioned properly. You need to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset your account.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@LeviHughPalmer 

has the account from your previous provider been cancelled yet? If the port has been successful than that account would have closed.

You have done some good pre investigation by using your siblings SIM and showing it is not your phone. 

let us know about your previous provider. 

@LeviHughPalmer  it sounds like your sim didn't provision properly. You could try the lost/ stolen trick to try and kick start your phone service. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

If this trick doesn't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

LeviHughPalmer

This is my first sim. 

LeviHughPalmer

@popping Yes public mobile does show up in the corner. My account is also active. Still not workin

@LeviHughPalmer are you coming over from Telus or koodo?

LeviHughPalmer

@gblackma I use a xiaomi redmi note 7. I checked to see if it is compatible with public mobile and it is. I also tried using a siblings pm sim and it worked just fine. I also have tried restarting it. I also tried taking it out and switching what slot it's in in the sim tray. Still not working

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LeviHughPalmer 

Is Public Mobile showing on your notification bar at top of your phone?

Login to your self-serve account.

If your account status is active, restart your phone to let PM SIM card to configure your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@LeviHughPalmer  what's the make and model of your phone. Thanks. Stay safe. Have you tried restarting your phone?  Turn it off, wait 30 seconds and restart it. 

Need Help? Let's chat.