cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Error

gbengajava
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm a new user, got my SIM card at Walmart, Halifax on Tuesday. I inserted on my phone Wednesday and got SIM card error. We tried every technical changes on the phone like rebooting, clearing Cache, bios mode changes etc, but the issue persisted. We inserted the same SIM on another phone and it worked fine. I went back to Walmart to complain only to be told since it worked on another phone may be it's not compartible with my phone and that there's nothing that can be done about it. I feel dissapointed and right now feel i need to quit the network. Planning on porting over from another network but right now it's already looking like I will be charged for what i have not used. Please help sought this out ASAP.

15 REPLIES 15

gbengajava

Hi,

I already did and it worked just fine. I'm not ready to buy another phone just yet because of a SIM that is incompartible.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried your SIM in your friends phone ? If so does it work or do you get the same message as when your SIM is in your phone? 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello gbengajava.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing that issue with the device. Please send us a Private Message so we can check if there's something going on with the system. We can definitely help you with that.

Link to Private Message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Sincerely,
Public Mobile Moderator Team

gbengajava

I already did, I just did a switch with my friends public Mobile SIM as well, the same error. By the way, KoodoMobile SIM is currently working just fine.

@gbengajava  Did you try to test if your phone is compatible with public mobile...Willmyphonework.com? It’s not perfect ...

@gbengajava wrote:

I have been using KoodoMobile with the same phone and everything works fine. Yes, probably compartibility issues, but my phone is not locked to any carrier at all. By the way, my phone brand is Infinix Note 4 Pro. I'm planning on going back to Walmart though.

You will have no help with Walmart... but here yes...can you give some details of your problem but no personal information.

gbengajava

I have been using KoodoMobile with the same phone and everything works fine. Yes, probably compartibility issues, but my phone is not locked to any carrier at all. By the way, my phone brand is Infinix Note 4 Pro. I'm planning on going back to Walmart though.

Brian68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try the sim In a telus phone or a phone that is unlocked...it sounds as if your phone is not unlocked

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you check the compatibility before you purchase the sim card? This is always first step to make the switch.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

@gbengajava, it pains me to say this, but the Walmart store is correct.  The SIM card is fine, there is nothing wrong with it.  Since the service works on a different phone, there is nothing wrong there.  So, it looks like the phone in question may be SIM locked to another carrier or that there is a problem with the SIM slot.  SIM cards are very robust, they don't suffer from spurious operation.  I have SIM cards that were in use for many, many years, moved from phone to phone and without issue. 

I agree. I too have been using the same sim card since 2014 and it's been in many phones and still works like the day I got it. I'm surprised it lasted so long. Sim cards are stronger then one realizes. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@gbengajava, it pains me to say this, but the Walmart store is correct.  The SIM card is fine, there is nothing wrong with it.  Since the service works on a different phone, there is nothing wrong there.  So, it looks like the phone in question may be SIM locked to another carrier or that there is a problem with the SIM slot.  SIM cards are very robust, they don't suffer from spurious operation.  I have SIM cards that were in use for many, many years, moved from phone to phone and without issue. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@gbengajava, is almost certainly a locked phone issue.

As advised, please contact your current carrier to get an unlock code for your device.  The is no fee for this.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's possible that sim card is deffective or your phone is locked. Is your phone unlocked? Hope you can get your issue solved because you will enjoy a good network.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gbengajava 

If the sim card works on other phones AND other sim cards work in the LG phone, then it's hard to troubleshoot.

You can always ask the Mods to send you a new sim card as yours may be defective.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@gbengajava  It may not work if your phone is locked to another provider, you will have to contact your current provider to get a code to unlock it. As for compatibility, what type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.