cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Delivery taking much longer than expected?

crs14
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered a SIM card on December 27th, and I got an email that day saying "We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status."

Since then I've gone back to that page multiple times and haven't received any update. The info said 3-7 business days through Xpress Post, but I don't think it's even ready to ship yet.

Their contact email on that page for having issues is noreply@publicmobile.ca which is then blocked when trying to send an email to them. 

I feel like I should've at least gotten some sort of notification since then about it, even if it was delayed. 

I did select the amazon shipping option, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I'm starting to worry that it's not even being worked on at this point. 

15 REPLIES 15

@Juanjoseden wrote:

I just went to walmart and I was thinking of buying a sim for $10. The associate told me that I can get it for FREE.  So I did activate a sim card for free. Plus I got $2 for autopay and $10 credit as I was invited by a friend. See if you can still cancel it and get your money back... 

The store wanted the commission. Some stores will offer with activation, not just Walmart.

Juanjoseden
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went to walmart and I was thinking of buying a sim for $10. The associate told me that I can get it for FREE.  So I did activate a sim card for free. Plus I got $2 for autopay and $10 credit as I was invited by a friend. See if you can still cancel it and get your money back... 

@crs14 wrote:

Okay, an interesting note, when I clicked the Purchase through Amazon (just now as a test), it took me to the amazon website. I definitely didn't do that. 

I also have this weird text in the confirmation web page which made me think it was an Amazon shipment:

/** Purchase from Amazon **/ /** Store Locator **/ /** Home page (Landing 1) **/ /** Plan (Landing 2) **/ 00;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;ord=1?" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" style="display:none">

The fact that the style is none means I probably shouldn't be seeing this anyways and maybe wouldn't indicate a purchase from amazon. 

I definitely saw this page below, not the amazon page. 

publicmobilepurchasepage.PNG

Don't worry about all that text on the Public Mobile website ordering page. When you order from publicmobile.ca, the order does not go through Amazon (unless Public Mobile has some type of special logisitics arrangement with them, but it still wouldn't be considered an Amazon order). Either way, all that stuff on the Public Mobile ordering page about Amazon and store locator is nonsense that shouldn't be there. It shows those strange references any time someone orders from that site.

@crs14  Yeah, that package is way, WAY overdue - XpressPost should have been delivered within a few days, at most, NOT weeks. That, and XpressPost most definitely comes with a tracking number..... not that you would NECESSARILY be provided with that, but when getting something via Amazon, they always include that sort of info, so clearly something has gone awry. As others have said, since you chose delivery via Amazon, you clearly need to take it up with them. Let us know how it goes..... good luck!

@crs14 You should've received an order number in your email inbox. Using that, you can track your shipment if it was actually shipped within Canada Post. Here is the guide on how to track using Order number: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-to-track-your-SIM-card-order/td-p...

crs14

Perfect, thanks, I wasn't sure how to talk to a human from the bot. Really appreciate the help everyone!

@crs14 wrote:

Okay, an interesting note, when I clicked the Purchase through Amazon (just now as a test), it took me to the amazon website. I definitely didn't do that. 

I also have this weird text in the confirmation web page which made me think it was an Amazon shipment:

/** Purchase from Amazon **/ /** Store Locator **/ /** Home page (Landing 1) **/ /** Plan (Landing 2) **/ 00;dc_lat=;dc_rdid=;tag_for_child_directed_treatment=;tfua=;npa=;ord=1?" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" style="display:none">

The fact that the style is none means I probably shouldn't be seeing that and would mean it is a Public Mobile purchase? 

Then you should check with the moderators (= Public Mobile customer service reps)

I hope you have kept the e-mail with the order number?

Click on the question mark bubble in the lower right corner of your screen and tell the bot that you need to talk to a human until it pulls up the the contact form.

crs14

No tracking number, just says that it will be the shipping method, not that it had gone out for delivery. 

crs14

The fact that the style is none means I probably shouldn't be seeing this anyways and maybe wouldn't indicate a purchase from amazon. 

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@crs14 wrote:

I ordered a SIM card on December 27th, and I got an email that day saying "We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status."

Since then I've gone back to that page multiple times and haven't received any update. The info said 3-7 business days through Xpress Post, but I don't think it's even ready to ship yet.

Their contact email on that page for having issues is noreply@publicmobile.ca which is then blocked when trying to send an email to them. 

I feel like I should've at least gotten some sort of notification since then about it, even if it was delayed. 

I did select the amazon shipping option, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I'm starting to worry that it's not even being worked on at this point. 

If express post do you have a tracking number to follow up? Also keep in mind Canada Post has taken advantage of us all by using the weather as an excuse to not deliver. 

Screenshot_2020-01-19 Get Started.png

If you went with Amazon, you have to take it up with Amazon.

This is what comes up when clicking "buy online with Amaon"

Screenshot_2020-01-19-Public-Mobile-SIM-Card-for-Unlocked-Phones-(GSM)-Amazon-ca-Public-Mobile.jpg

crs14

Through the Public mobile website, it was just a shipping option they gave me, so I figured Amazon would've been quicker. 

@crs14 wrote:

That's good to know, I don't seem to have very much info on that page other than an order number though, is that order number enough to show to amazon or are they going to need more info? Appreciate the quick response regardless

Did you actually buy from the Amazon website? Or through the Public Mobile website?

crs14

That's good to know, I don't seem to have very much info on that page other than an order number though, is that order number enough to show to amazon or are they going to need more info? Appreciate the quick response regardless

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@crs14 You'll have to contact Amazon and find out what's going on. Your purchase agreement is with them. Or you can contact Amazon and cancel your order and consider ordering one from PM instead.

However, under normal circumstances, Amazon is much quicker.

Just a note: I had two packages delayed at Christmas from Amazon. Courier companies at one point were no longer accepting any more Amazon packages it was rumoured. One of the packages I put my PO Box on it by mistake and I waited 30 days, needlessly.

You can also purchase one at a local store if you have one of the participating retailers in your area.

Need Help? Let's chat.