cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD

ibou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i bought a SIM card today, tried setting it up on my phone then it took forever to a point I started doing something else and when I came back and woke my phone up the application was closed...since, i have tried to activate my SIM card and it is saying it is invalid...

4 REPLIES 4

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try setting up your Public Mobile account first on a computer or Laptop . From there in that process you will be asked to activate your SIM card. If you get a message your SIM is reserved for another customer , not to worry. This is where you tried activating earlier. Wait a few hours and try the activation process again. One you successfully activated your SIM and account insert the SIM in your phone. Wait to see Public Mobile on your cell with signal bars. Once you see this you are good to go. 

Cheers. 

HSPark
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I switched yesterday and I had the same thing happen. As per previous suggestion wait 1 hour and start the process again! 

I guess there isn’t much you can do about timing out but also do not hit the “back” button after you have completed the first page of activation... hitting the back button will also temporarily lock your SIM card and you will have to wait again. 

The second time I tried it I realized I made a mistake with the spelling of my name. I just continue with the set up and update the info after my account was active. Hope this helps. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you are talking about activating a sim card wait an hour or so try again.

Also how far in the activation process did you get? 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@ibou What do you mean you tried setting it up? If you hadn't activated your account the SIM won't work.
Are you moving your number from another provider? What is the make and model of your phone?
Need Help? Let's chat.