cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD NOT SHOWING IN NEW PHONE

SHERIFF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my card still works on my samsung s4, its not reconized on my new samsung s10e.

i did all the software updates, ive put it in a samsung s7 still no read. tried my freinds sim card and its his is a no read.

5 REPLIES 5

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SHERIFF is the phone new? Is it locked? Where did you get it from

@SHERIFF wrote:

i did all the software updates, ive put it in a samsung s7 still no read. tried my freinds sim card and its his is a no read.

What's the exact on-screen message? If it says emergency calls only or no service, this could either mean that the is not compatible, the wrong network type is selected as suggested earlier, or that the phone could possibily be blacklisted for use in Canada.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You will need to verify each phone to see if the settings are correct.  Are the other phones unlocked?  Does the phones show Public Mobile and that SIM slot is active?  Also check the preferred network type and set it 2g/3g perhaps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SHERIFF wrote:

This is confusing. So your SIM works in one phone (S4)? Your friends SIM works in his phone?

But neither SIM works in the S10e or S7?

Maybe check that your networks are LTE/WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/3G. Not GSM. Although GSM could appear in the list with the others that are needed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@SHERIFF  insert your SIM, try selecting PM as your network and restart your phone.  Thanks.

@SHERIFF wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.