cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM CARD NOT ACTIVE

PureOasis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I activated my public mobile account on May 11 with a $50 plan.  Today, i placed the sim card in an unlocked IPhone and the sim card is not recognized.  Is someone able to ensure that my sim card and plan is fully activated. The sim card# is 8912230000xxxxxxxxx.

Thank you 

Edited by SD08 to remove SIM card #

10 REPLIES 10

Pra73ek

You need to activate your sim by log in to the public mobile website. There you can choose your mobile no. And later you got a mail regarding your sim activation. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lieux wrote:

@PureOasis wrote:

I have another active public mobile sim card and it worked well in the same phone. 

Only way is to wait for the moderator to reply and fix your problem with a probably bad sim or bad activation...Smiley Frustrated

Yeah, I think @Lieux  is right, it probably bad activation - in my case the Moderators said it was a glitch in activation protal during activation, here is link to my problem which the Moderator team solved:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

Once you contact the Moderator Team via private message and then follow up with them, they'll fix everything for you just like they did for me!

pm101helpu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello there;
Sorry you're having an issue activating some card. I have been reading some of the posts that other PM members have written, I have a question for you with reference to your Sim cards.
1 Are both Sim cards going to be used with the same phone?
If so you may need to have one of them the activated, especially if it's on the same self-serve account.
2 assuming that each Sim card is in a separate phone, I don't think you will have an issue with having to separate active Sim cards.

I don't know if you've tried this, but here's a recommendation for you.
1 login to your self-serve account.
2 click on plan details, and it will tell you exactly what your plan is but not only that at the top of the window you will see a tab that says change card. This will show you the current Sim card that you have active and will give you a chance to enter the new Sim card number. Assuming you are changing from one to the other.

I hope this was helpful, I would be interested to know the outcome of your situation.
Good luck!

PureOasis

I guess... Thanks alot for the support, greatly appreciated! 

@PureOasis wrote:

I have another active public mobile sim card and it worked well in the same phone. 

Only way is to wait for the moderator to reply and fix your problem with a probably bad sim or bad activation...Smiley Frustrated

@PureOasis 

Looks like then a Public Mobile issue.  

You will need to wait for moderator response then.  

If you have access to your self service account for the $50 plan, then you could try a couple of the following tricks to see whether that will re-set your plan.

1.  Lost/stolen phone trick

2. Manual load $1 into account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

PureOasis

@PureOasis 

Moderators are taking at least 1-2 days to respond.  

You activated on May 11.   Do you have another phone to try the SIM card?  To determine whether it is an issue with hardware or Public mobile service.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You would need to log into your self serve account to check status.  You may want to delete your sim# from your post.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PureOasis  For your own privacy protection you should remove your card number from your post.  Make sure your account is activated when you login. If it's still an issue then contact PM. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

Need Help? Let's chat.