cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Activated & No Network Connectivity

Darkseid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I've successfully activated a SIM and ported from Fido. I'm currently unable to connect to the Public Mobile network (voice). I have zero bars/an "x" on the signal icon.

Phone: HTC One M7 (unlocked). Phone was successfully used with a Bell and Fido SIM.

I've tried manually selecting Public Mobile from the list of available networks and receive an "unable to connect to this network" message. Also did a hard reset on the phone with no luck. Network is currently set to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE Auto". 

Can a moderator verify the account is properly activated or provide further help (PM for further details).

Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I loved how you fixed your own issue, self serve at its best 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Darkseid,

Thank you for the update 🙂 We're happy to hear that you were able to self-resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Darkseid

After troubleshooting, it appears the issue is with a hardware problem on the HTC One's SIM tray/reader. Unfortunately, I had to get a new phone and all is well on the account.

Mods, please disregard the Private Message for assistance/close this case.

Thank you.

fireapple
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 Ahh I see, I stand corrected then!

As Darksied was saying, please realize that APN settings have no effect on voice services.  They can be set wrong or even be left blank and both voice and texts services will work just fine.  Also, incorrect settings would not prevent a customer from connecting to the network.

fireapple

@Darkseid, see, it's funny because I had a similar issue with first no 3G signal, and then no LTE signal until I changed my APN. It didn't seem related to APN either until the problem was solved by doing that. Are you able to change to the second APN link and see if anything works? If not then I guess it's only something mods can help out then.

Darkseid

Thank you, i've sent a private message to  @Shazia_K with my account details.

Darkseid

Hello - APN same as: 

Name: PM
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

The issue is I'm unable to get any signal/network connectivity -- not a data issue which APN applies to.

fireapple

Hey @Darkseid, just curious, what are your APN settings like? Are they either the ones here or here?

fktw3

Guys, for quicker service, send the mods a private message with your account number, phone numberr, PIN, and any pertinent info you may have.

See this thread for more info: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

jovychow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same as mine @Shazia_K, please help on this.

fktw3

You'll have to tag a moderator, which I'll do for you @Shazia_K

Need Help? Let's chat.