cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S/N contains letter

robharvey2207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have tried to activate my SIM card, the system will not allow letters to be inserted into the S/N line.  My S/N contains letters what do I do<

8 REPLIES 8

Rohan68
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hi

just had the same problem. i just copied my serial number from a text file to the s/n field and it worked

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

Because it's actually asking for the number off the SIM card...not the serial number of the phone.

@Anonymous no, that's not right either.  This is for porting a phone number, and what they are looking for isn't the S/N of the phone nor the Card, it's the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity).  On almost every phone, you can display your IMEI by going into the phone app and dialing *#06# 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@robharvey2207 wrote:

The S/N i was talking about was the S/N of my phone.  I was trying to transfer my phone number and to do so I had to enter the phones serial number.  It contained letters, but the system will only take numbers.

Number portability systems don't want the S/N of your phone, and the IMEI of a phone doesn't have letters.  IMEI identification characters are all numbers.  In any event, IMEI is almost never a requirement for transfering a phone number because other fields can be used, and IMEI can often be skipped.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robharvey2207 wrote:

The S/N i was talking about was the S/N of my phone.  I was trying to transfer my phone number and to do so I had to enter the phones serial number.  It contained letters, but the system will only take numbers.

Indeed. Because it's actually asking for the number off the SIM card...not the serial number of the phone.

robharvey2207
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@robharvey2207 wrote:

I have tried to activate my SIM card, the system will not allow letters to be inserted into the S/N line.  My S/N contains letters what do I do<

The SIM card number is located on the back of the card as well in the lower left hand side of the plastic card that it came on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@robharvey2207

My PM SIM card has 4 rows of numbers with 19 digits.  It does not have letters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@robharvey2207 wrote:

You need the long series of digits on the SIM card not the serial number of whatever serial number you're looking at.

Need Help? Let's chat.