cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rural Address Only - NO Street address

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm bringing a new customer to PM who lives outside of town where addressing is different. No Streets or Ave or house numbers only Townships and Ranges location. How do I help them enter an address in the Account Setup box.

Thx for any help

6 REPLIES 6

@markevee wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

I'm bringing a new customer to PM who lives outside of town where addressing is different. No Streets or Ave or house numbers only Townships and Ranges location. How do I help them enter an address in the Account Setup box.

Thx for any help

If you're just trying to order a sim card, a RR address should be fine because Public Mobile ships by Canada Post.

As for your address when setting up the account, just use the address as it is.  Public Mobile doesn't perform and verification on this address.

As for the earlier suggestion of trying a fake address, I do not beleive that necessary, nor do I recommened it.  If you are ever at home and need to call for emergency services, that last thing you want is a fake address on file.

If we're talking about the address linked to a credit card, the address entered should be the same as on your card statement, even if all it says is something such as "RR1" in the adddress line.

Okay so just to give him the correct information, unless the phone is an actual landline, the 911 call center determines your location by cell towers, just incase you are not at home at the time of the emergency. The location you give to public mobile is for there use only.

GPS is neither 100% accurate, nor is it always available.  Cell tower triangulation can be even less accurate.  It can still be important to have a proper address on file.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Thx from the Sewer Rat as the NDP call us in Alberta.

Oooh I'll bite 🙂

You can thank your previous governing party for pi$$ing all the wealth and prosperity away by giving it all away to the multinationals.

For that colossal waste and corruption, I really feel for the citizens/taxpayers/workers of AB...other than the fact that they kept voting for that until finally...something different...yet ineffectual.

DvAbCanEh

Thx CPUgeek541

SIM no issue because I ordered it before hand to my home. Good heads up on the credit card.

I'll see how it goes when I receive the SIM.

Thx from the Sewer Rat as the NDP call us in Alberta.

markevee

@computergeek541 wrote:

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Thx for any help

If you're just trying to order a sim card, a RR address should be fine because Public Mobile ships by Canada Post.

As for your address when setting up the account, just use the address as it is.  Public Mobile doesn't perform and verification on this address.

As for the earlier suggestion of trying a fake address, I do not beleive that necessary, nor do I recommened it.  If you are ever at home and need to call for emergency services, that last thing you want is a fake address on file.

If we're talking about the address linked to a credit card, the address entered should be the same as on your card statement, even if all it says is something such as "RR1" in the adddress line.

Okay so just to give him the correct information, unless the phone is an actual landline, the 911 call center determines your location by cell towers, just incase you are not at home at the time of the emergency. The location you give to public mobile is for there use only.

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Thx for any help

markevee

Try a fake one because it doesn't matter. What I did is just look up the adress of a store in the same province. I did it just for security reasons. If they need someplace to send the sim card, maybe they could send it to your house, they can also buy them at walmart and other places for $10.

Need Help? Let's chat.