cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error occurred and credit cards was accessed by Public Mobile but with a charge of $0

22nate
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After completing the activation, chosing phone number, plan and gave credit card, a Runtime Error occured. PM pinned my credit card with $0 so they clearly have my information but I can't get into the account. Says the phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. I've also clicked on forgotten my password, and the message says they are unable to varify my email. If they got the credit card info, where is the rest of the information?  Getting extremely frusterated here!!! 

9 REPLIES 9

22nate

UPDATE AGAIN: Went back to the retail store we purchased the Sim card from and they got it all sorted for us. 4 more charges appeared on my credit card, all at $0.00 so I am deffinately on watch on the credit card account to make sure nothing fishy happens. Not a great experiance thus far at all. Hopefully they are working on their system to ensure things are more user friendly with an ACTUAL customer service system in place!! 

Now we wait for the one-time $10 referal credit to appear in our account.

22nate

Last night I got as far as asking my recovery question (under forgot password) and then it just said they can't varify my email.  They know my password question so again, registration is complete somewhere!  

aridShrub

See if you can gain access to your publicmobile account - they will need to be able to send a text message to your phone number. If it is a "number port" - you might be able to put your old SIM card back in. Then you should see text message from the publicmobile with an access code for your account.

If you need to make a payment to complete the account, you can do so if you choose. If your SIM activation/number port is messed up; you need to wait for the moderator to respond - this is currently 72 hours! Just plug your old SIM in and chill if you can. 

If you do need to send message to the moderator (sounds like it) make sure you include all the information, in a table, make it easy for them. Give them a one-liner for the trouble issue itself, and then a table with all your info. If it is a port, give them the account number, your IMEI, your subscriber name exactly as it appears.

For your publicmobile information, give them the SIM, your email, your backup phone number, and your desired plan. Anything else; your impressions of publicmobile, etc. post that to the forum instead - the moderators already know people are not happy with the support model.

GR
Mayor / Maire

All you can do is wait. If they didn't bill your card it probably isn't gonna work.  Can you log in to your self serve account to see if it says active or shows a plan or phone number? 

22nate

UPDATE: Phone shows Public Mobile as the provider but can not make/receive calls. Seems like half of the registration was processed somehow! Any ideas on how to fix this?  I did send a Private Message for help but still no response.  GRRRR....

GR
Mayor / Maire

Try the Sim card but I don't think it will work if they didn't charge you any money 

22nate

Extremely leary on doing an entire registration all again since they clearly have my credit card information. 

Try your sim card in your phone just to see.  Weird that it didn't take any money.  If the Sim doesn't work wait an hour and go thru the activation again 

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@22nate wrote:

After completing the activation, chosing phone number, plan and gave credit card, a Runtime Error occured. PM pinned my credit card with $0 so they clearly have my information but I can't get into the account. Says the phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. I've also clicked on forgotten my password, and the message says they are unable to varify my email. If they got the credit card info, where is the rest of the information?  Getting extremely frusterated here!!! 

Maybe try clearing cache, different browser, Chrome in incognito mode...

If those fail, you will have to contact a moderator to assist you

Send them a message here private message

Need Help? Let's chat.