cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers/Fido iPhone Unlock Sale - $12

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Protech currently selling iPhone unlocks for Fido/Rogers iPhone. I have used them for iPhone, Samsung and LG phones with success.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
8 REPLIES 8

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Just a follow-up on this somewhat elderly thread ...

I've now used this $12 service to successfully unlock my friend's (Rogers) 16GB iPhone 4s.  And one of her friends' (Rogers) 16GB iPhone 4s.  After Rogers failed to provide a $50 unlock service (for either one) after months of stalling.

I'm not big on spamming ads, but I think this is absolutely the best deal you'll find if you want to unlock an iPhone purchased through Rogers Wireless.  And it'll pay for itself after just one month with PM (or indeed, with almost any other carrier, given Rogers rather awful monthly rates).

The only downside - with any iPhone unlock - is that you'll need to install yucky iTunes on your machine, to sync and backup/restore your device data.  If (like me) you're not at all comfortable with iTunes (bloaty chunk of kludgy slow spyware with a penchant for deleting "unlicensed" non-iTunes stuff off your computer, lol) ... this helpful link will inform you how to correct the issue.

@s2scotty

Thanx for the advice, but it's not really about the refund.  It's about getting away from a bad deal and moving towards a good one.  Yes, my friend now feels that she's paid Rogers too much for too little ($65/month for 500 minutes talk, no long distance, 500MB/month data limit, $0.25/minute and $0.25/MB over-limit charges, etc), but she did get a couple months cell service and - until I'd explained how much of a ripoff her Rogers plan was compared to my PM plan - she was basically content to continue with Rogers indefinitely.  I know that filling out a few forms and writing a few emails is no huge effort, but just improving her monthly bill (and service quality) is good enough for her - appealing for a small refund just isn't really worth the effort, giving business to fair and ethical companies is good enough.

s2scotty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With regard to the two months (or more as time marches forward), you have two fairly decent options,

1. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/complaints/complaint-form and lodge a complaint regarding the delays on the unlocking and seek refund for for the extra months, and/or
  2. Send a "Consumer Letter of Rescission" to R's where the grounds are misrepresentation ... promising to deliver a service (unlocking) or product ...

There are examples around the internet for format and content.  Write it. Send it by Registered Mail or FAX. Get a delivery confirmation in either/all cases. The delivery receipt is your get out of extra charges card, if it continues to go sideways from here.

@NDesai Bell is the WORST carrier to deal with for unlocks

pmobile
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
This is a great price, thanks for posting. I don't have an iPhone myself but was able to send the link to my friend who needed her iPhone unlocked before travelling this summer. Thanks again!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Thanx for this excellent find @Luddite

Rogers is required by law to unlock a paid-for consumer-owned device (under the CRTC "Wireless Communications Code" F.1.a and F.1.b).  They do indeed offer an unlock service for $50 (and a good argument can be made that this should be a free service, but that's a topic for another thread).

But Rogers is highly reluctant to do this.  My friend (currently on Rogers) has paid for two months service while being stalled by Rogers - tech person isn't in until Wednesday, accounts person went on vacation last Monday, we'll call you back, our support crew looking into this, problems with our internal web pages, etc etc - and she still hasn't been charged for an unlock, she still hasn't received an unlock, she's still paying a month-to-month Rogers bill.  Two months?  She's even said to Rogers that she'd happily stay with them if they could meet or beat the plan she's checking out on Public Mobile, but all the Rogers people have done is attempt to upsell contracts which quite obviously aren't as good as what PM offers.  Why pay more to get less?  You probably wouldn't ... unless all your other options are indefinitely LOCKED out, lol.  The Rogers support people don't discuss it openly, but they tacitly agree when you confront them in plain English with the fact that you want to unlock your device because you don't want to stay with Rogers.

This $12 unlock deal is very timely, I bumped into it just minutes before ordering a $60 unlock from another non-Rogers source.  Thanx again!

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thanks for sharing @Luddite Smiley Happy

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I want this deal for bell unlock Smiley Sad

Need Help? Let's chat.