cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Ysaied11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

How can I activate roaming service on my line? And need to know charges and fees plz. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ysaied11 go to your My Account portal and then go to "Plan and Add-Ons".  You'll see all your roaming options there. Keep in mind there is no roaming anywhere in Canada, there are U.S. roaming options that last for 10 days upon activation (prices will vary depending on what options you choose).  There are no international roaming options, you'll need to ensure your cellphone has the appropriate frequency for the international location you are going, and purchase a cell SIM from a provider in that country.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers roaming in the US.  If you need roaming elsewhere then you would need to buy a local sim or use a sim like Gigsky.  If you have access to wifi then you could use apps like Fongo, textnow, or Skype.

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ysaied11 wrote:

Hello,

How can I activate roaming service on my line? And need to know charges and fees plz. 

Thanks 

As stated above, you only need to purchase a us roaming addon if travelling cross boarder, else wise roaming in Canada is no charge as far as I'm aware.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ysaied11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks 

You buy one of the available short-term roaming add-ons via the self-serve or 611. Scroll down here and click on Add-ons. Scroll down that to find US Roaming and the charges and fees are all there.

There is only roaming available in the US. If you wish to have data then you'll need to turn on roaming for data in your phone.

The roaming add-ons do nothing for you while in Canada.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Ysaied11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks 

@Ysaied11 The answer is you can't. PM does not have any roaming charges so just turn roaming on via the settings on your device and if the phone roams then it's free.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Ysaied11 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks 

You can only buy US roaming packages which are in the plans/add-ons of your overview page.  You will only be charged for the roaming package you select.  You have to make sure your data and roaming are both enabled on your phone.  The US roaming are for 10 days only and everything at PM is prepaid so when you've used up your limited features, you will not get any further access to that feature nor get extra charges.

Another thing to remember is add-ons are a two step process, first add funds to your account and then proceed to buy the add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.