cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Comely1934
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I cross the border into USA do I automatically go into a roaming mode or do I have to have an add on?

5 REPLIES 5

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once you cross the border, or get far enough into the US, you will get a text from public mobile saying welcome to the USA with a link to the self serve site where you can buy an add-on.

I am curious, would the link to the self serve site to buy an add on work while roaming in that situation or would you have to be on wifi?

surreyboz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Comely1934 wrote:

When I cross the border into USA do I automatically go into a roaming mode or do I have to have an add on?

Your Phone may go into Roaming Automatically but it won't work because with Public Mobile there are no Roaming, Pay per use, accidental or any made up charges what so ever. If something is not part of your plan or if something is not part of an add on you have purchased it simply just doesn't work.    

FYI. You would need to purchase a US Roaming add on before you can use your phone in the USA. 

@Comely1934 

Here are the various add on for US Roaming:

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Comely1934 wrote:

@Comely1934  No need to turn roaming off. PM is prepaid so you will never get charged extra roaming fees. Even when you go to the states and you haven't purchased a US roaming addon you will still be able to receive texts without any additional charges. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

You have to purchase US Roaming Add-on.

Here's PM FAQ

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/U-S-Roaming/ta-p/307883

And you need to enable roaming on your phone to use it.

Need Help? Let's chat.