cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Canada and Plan upgrade right after autopay done for previous plan ?

htcuser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, If i upgrade my plan to next plan though i just paid for current plan via autopay a night before, will i get credit or refund towards the next higher up plan, example if i just paid $25 and switched to $40 plan next day will i get refund or credit of $24 or something ? or I be out of the one months payment ?   Also, is there Data roaming charges if plan  and number originally in SK and move to Ontario ? example I  have the $25 canada wide plan want to use data in ontario do i get data roaming charges slapped on ?
8 REPLIES 8

If you need more data, you either change plans immediately, on the renewal date or ask a Moderator to assist you in renewing your plan.

Personally, if I were to run out of data, I'd buy the $30 1 GB add-on.  Use it until it runs out, much better than needlessly changing to a different plan for a limited number of days.

If you're paying more than your regular plan amount every 30 days, look for another plan.  The add-on is cheaper in the long run, as it will last until fully consumed.

htcuser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Aaah, a trip came up needed extra data so was going to switch plan but just had plan renewed, that sucks, it be nice to have pro ration enabled to allow for users to add the plans in middle of month this way you also get them to change the plan date and make more money actually this way :).

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@htcuser wrote:

Hi, If i upgrade my plan to next plan though i just paid for current plan via autopay a night before, will i get credit or refund towards the next higher up plan, example if i just paid $25 and switched to $40 plan next day will i get refund or credit of $24 or something ?
@htcuser  No, you will lose the $25.00 that you paid and will be charged $40.00

or I be out of the one months payment ?   Also, is there Data roaming charges if plan  and number originally in SK and move to Ontario ? example I  have the $25 canada wide plan want to use data in ontario do i get data roaming charges slapped on ?

Public Mobile does not have any roaming charges in Canada. If it works it means that it's included in your plan. Public Mobile is strictly prepaid.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@htcuser wrote:

Hi, If i upgrade my plan to next plan though i just paid for current plan via autopay a night before, will i get credit or refund towards the next higher up plan, example if i just paid $25 and switched to $40 plan next day will i get refund or credit of $24 or something ? or I be out of the one months payment ?   Also, is there Data roaming charges if plan  and number originally in SK and move to Ontario ? example I  have the $25 canada wide plan want to use data in ontario do i get data roaming charges slapped on ?

Going to Ontario isn't roaming. Roaming is connecting to different network.  Public has no per use charges, but that isn't roaming.

Your entire plan is usable anywhere in Canada you connect to a Bell or Telus tower.  No roaming at all.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@htcuser if you switch the night before (I suggest 2 nights before your renewal date).. then you new renewal date with be 30 days from the night before and you pay the $40 for the new plan. There is no data roaming charge for data.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@htcuser wrote:

You would be better off future dating whatever plan you'd like to change to that way you won't lose the money you've already paid for your current plan.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@htcuser 

No pro-rated plans for Public mobile.  If you change plans, you lost whatever is left in original plan.  Usually suggest change plans at next renewal date.

Data is Canada wide.  No extra data charges for public  mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.