cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards?

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hello,

I haven't created a Public Mobile account yet, but I have this forums account will I still get the community contributor reward when I make a Public Mobile account later in the month?

Thanks,

Ed

18 REPLIES 18

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Ed404,

If you need further help, you can register a ticket through SIMon, our virutal assistant and we will take a look into your situation!

Regards,

Ciprian

PM Mod Team.

@Ed404 wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  In a separate thread taking advantage of the pc optimum points at the mobile shop to purchase SIM cards for possibly one for your activation with extras for future renewals is worthwhile. You can still charge the $10 +tax to your referrer but can ease the process for the new customer with an online activation by walking them thru it....some like to have a flash sale activation party and you have three weeks to work on getting some referrals for the next sale.

I'll probably be purchasing my sim from The Mobile Shop. I'm not sure why I would buy extras could you explain it.

"You can still charge the $10 +tax to your referrer," are you saying I should make the person who's code I use pay for the sim?

How would I get refferals without being spammy?

@Ed404  If the mobile shop is still running the promotion and you wanted to get the extra optimum points ($10 value...so in effect your SIM would be free) you would have to extra Sims on hand. Many members keep a couple extra SIM cards so they can easily refer someone and/or activate them online (Many promos are online only). Especially if there is only an hour or two left in a sale to have them on hand for someone and activate on a temp number. I did this 2 week ago despite having an extra one it was an in store offer . My friend couldn't make it out to activate so I hopped on my bike to London drugs 10 minutes away and activated with 20 minutes to spare before the deadline. My boyfriend dropped the SIM card off the next day and I helped port over the number from virgin and she gained the advantages of the promo. I got the $1 referral reward would have been better if it was a bonus referral promo where you both get a bonus (like$10 extra each) but hey I don't mind doing a favour. This method requires some trust on either side because I was given her "private" account information and I used my credit card to pay for the plan and set up autopay. She replaced my card info with hers and etransfered me the plan cost. I gave her the account paperwork and the SIM card packaging with the pertinent info written on it as back up. I do this whenever I help activate someone i write down the email, password,security question and answer, pin#, acct #, alternate ph # and/or screenshot the account info and email it. I either delete the info on my end unless they are a close friend and want or need me to help manage the account.

Getting back to the original point...have the extra Sims on hand and charge the regular store price for the SIM cards +tax. It's the same as if they had to purchase online or at a retailer on their own. In your case it makes your sim card free or if you get to activate on a free sim card promo each card has "cost" you $6.67 after gaining the points value. Getting referrals is just a matter of talking up your pm service and how much money you're saving. I always tell people i will inform them when the next good sale comes up. If its a referral bonus promo even better! Ill ask how much they currently pay and compare it to a similar plan at pm. I'll ask when their contract or device is paid off and approach again near that time. It takes some time and persistence to get referrals but it will pay off in the end. After a month of steadfastly refusing to switch and facing his phone getting suspended yet again i marched my roommate down to london drugs, got his phone unlocked from fido and switched him to pm. He now pays the same amount for 6 months of service as he was paying fido for one month. Three months since I switched I now have 10 referrals. My back up phone line is free and I'm working on whittling down my main phone line down. It was free last month with my bonus referral credits and is currently $6 cheaper from rewards. If my community reward was tied to this account I'd be a little better off as it's just building credit in the back up line for now.

Edit: In my last post I should have said referree...as in the person I am referring and will use my referral code to recieve the $10 credit.

I see that the free SIM promotion just ended on Nov 1 and a week or so prior to that was an overlapping "second month free" promotion. These sort of promos have been coming every couple of weeks again lately. If there is a London Drugs near you, they seem to frequently have free SIM if you activate through them and they will let you use a referral code as well.

AE_Collector

Ed404

@darlicious wrote:

@Ed404  In a separate thread taking advantage of the pc optimum points at the mobile shop to purchase SIM cards for possibly one for your activation with extras for future renewals is worthwhile. You can still charge the $10 +tax to your referrer but can ease the process for the new customer with an online activation by walking them thru it....some like to have a flash sale activation party and you have three weeks to work on getting some referrals for the next sale.

I'll probably be purchasing my sim from The Mobile Shop. I'm not sure why I would buy extras could you explain it.

"You can still charge the $10 +tax to your referrer," are you saying I should make the person who's code I use pay for the sim?

How would I get refferals without being spammy?

@Ed404  So it seems in theory as long as you activate a pm mobile account before the end of November and use the same email as your community account you will be considered for a community reward and awarded the appropriate  badge and corresponding $$reward associated with that level. It will be close as the next promotion is likely black Friday but it should work out for you. In a separate thread taking advantage of the pc optimum points at the mobile shop to purchase SIM cards for possibly one for your activation with extras for future renewals is worthwhile. You can still charge the $10 +tax to your referrer but can ease the process for the new customer with an online activation by walking them thru it....some like to have a flash sale activation party and you have three weeks to work on getting some referrals for the next sale.

Ed404

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Yes, if you don't have an account there is no where for them to post the rewards to and they don't hold them until you do get an account it would just be lost for those months that you are not a customer.

ETA: The community account and self-serve account are two different accounts but you must use the same email for both to have the rewards applied.

Gotcha

@Ed404 wrote:

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there!

We are happy to see that you are a part of our community.

To get advantage of our community rewards you must be a customer with Public Mobile. 

The community rewards will not be applied retroactively. 

Hope this helps!

Regards! 🙂

So I must register and purchase a plan on Public Mobile this month in order to get any contributor rewards I may earn?

Thanks,

Ed

Yes, if you don't have an account there is no where for them to post the rewards to and they don't hold them until you do get an account it would just be lost for those months that you are not a customer.

ETA: The community account and self-serve account are two different accounts but you must use the same email for both to have the rewards applied.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi Ed404,

That is correct.

Have a good one!

Ed404

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi there!

To get advantage of our community rewards you must be a customer with Public Mobile. 

Hope this helps!

Regards! 🙂

So I must register and purchase a plan on Public Mobile this month in order to get any contributor rewards I may earn?

Thanks,

Ed

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there!

Hope this helps!

Regards! 🙂

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I finally discovered an uppercase letter in my email address at one location only, fixed that and started receiving the $$. However, I also had a PM tech looking for the problem so I am not certain what fixed it.

I believe it was the uppercase that caused it. If the software doesn't see a match, there's bo match to send the reward to.

Quite possible though I would think this might trip up many people. Officially case doesn't matter for emailing but since PM is using the email address to tie two accounts together (self serve and community)  they could easily (inadvertently?) have their settings looking for an exact match including upper/lower case letters. If so, that should be corrected. With many devices such as my iPad making the first letter typed upper case it is very easy to wind up with unintended capital letters. I even find that if say I notice a letter in the middle of a word (or email address) is missing and try to insert it on my iPad, most often it will capitalize it in the middle of the word as it is now the first letter I typed.

AE_Collector

Ed404

@AE_Collector wrote:

So since the community activity time is a calendar month and badges / $$$ happens around the 6 or 7th of the following month... presumably if one IS a customer by then (a full month from now) they should likely receive the $$ reward. At that point the cash IS IN your account and sits waiting to be applied to your next renewal which could be the next morning or up to 30 days away.

AE_Collector

Thank you for the details on rewards.

So since the community activity time is a calendar month and badges / $$$ happens around the 6 or 7th of the following month... presumably if one IS a customer by then (a full month from now) they should likely receive the $$ reward. At that point the cash IS IN your account and sits waiting to be applied to your next renewal which could be the next morning or up to 30 days away.

AE_Collector

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 wrote:

I haven't created a Public Mobile account yet, but I have this forums account will I still get the community contributor reward when I make a Public Mobile account later in the month?

Yes, likely. You have to be a customer to get a reward but don't need to be to get a reward badge. The reward badge tells which reward level. If you sign up, you probably get same reward as the badge earned.

@AE_Collector wrote:

I finally discovered an uppercase letter in my email address at one location only, fixed that and started receiving the $$. However, I also had a PM tech looking for the problem so I am not certain what fixed it.

I believe it was the uppercase that caused it. If the software doesn't see a match, there's bo match to send the reward to.

And the possibility exists that if you enter it at either location not completely identical, IE: upper/lower case letters which don't matter normally for email... it may not tie your accounts together. I received community rewards for 4 months but not the associated community $$. I finally discovered an uppercase letter in my email address at one location only, fixed that and started receiving the $$. However, I also had a PM tech looking for the problem so I am not certain what fixed it.

AE_Collector

Ed404

Thank you! Smiley Happy

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Ed404 as long as the email you signed up with is the same as the one you're using in the community 

Need Help? Let's chat.