cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Rewards carry over

I'm still confused.  So I am on thge $40.00 plan, I can then only accumulate $40.00 in rewards - got that.  I also understand that the sign up deal is not part of that so will allow my monthly balance at this time to exceed the $40.00.  In my case I had $12.00 rewards ($10.00 for referral and a $2.00 autopay credit).

On Oct 06, when my next payment is due, just to be clear, by $40.00 will be dducted from the $52.00 balance, and $12.00 will carry over into the next cycle, plus I'll have anothr $2.00 credit for the autopay and as the first response say then have $14.00?

Is this correct?  Or would I lose the remaining $12.00 and then only have $2.00 balance?

Mayor / Maire

@jaymuench wrote:

I'm still confused.  So I am on thge $40.00 plan, I can then only accumulate $40.00 in rewards - got that.  I also understand that the sign up deal is not part of that so will allow my monthly balance at this time to exceed the $40.00.  In my case I had $12.00 rewards ($10.00 for referral and a $2.00 autopay credit).

On Oct 06, when my next payment is due, just to be clear, by $40.00 will be dducted from the $52.00 balance, and $12.00 will carry over into the next cycle, plus I'll have anothr $2.00 credit for the autopay and as the first response say then have $14.00?

Is this correct?  Or would I lose the remaining $12.00 and then only have $2.00 balance?

You will not lose what is in your Available Funds. Each term you will get new rewards. They get converted into your Available Funds at renewal. If there's still some value left in there then it carries over again.

Mayor / Maire

@jaymuench wrote:

In this case you are correct, you will not lose the $12 because as you say the sign up deal is not a reward as such.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!  

Appreciate the help.

Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

@jaymuench wrote:

In this case you are correct, you will not lose the $12 because as you say the sign up deal is not a reward as such.

Yes. There are two distinct terms in play here. Rewards - which are earned each term. Credits - which the initial $2 autopay is really kinda and the $10 referral for the new customer and any other promo credits and the coveted $25/$25 referral credit for both parties.

Mayor / Maire

@jaymuench wrote:

Yes.  Your $2 reward will be added to your available fund first before $40 is taken to pay your monthly fee. 

Since you have a $40 plan, you need to refer over 38 subscribers before you have to worry about the reward carrying over.  Just enjoy your PM saving for now.

Mayor / Maire

The way I read it, if you were on a $40 plan and had $42 in referral rewards than you would only receive $40 credit towards you next cycle. But as @z10user4  mention there are quirks and in this case all rewards are transferred to available funds prior to billing. I am not in this situation so maybe someone that is can confirm what happens.

Mayor / Maire

@krazykiwi wrote:

The way I read it, if you were on a $40 plan and had $42 in referral rewards than you would only receive $40 credit towards you next cycle. But as @z10user4  mention there are quirks and in this case all rewards are transferred to available funds prior to billing. I am not in this situation so maybe someone that is can confirm what happens.

That is how I read the official wording that RossN mentioned too. But it's not my experience. I guess it could change at any time.