cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards carry over

jaymuench
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I have accumulated rewards for instance, $10.00 for using a referral, $2.00 for autopay, and then the sign up deal that provided one monthg free and that zdds up to $52.00 in my available funds.  If my monthly bill is $40.00, will the $12.00 remain in my available funds for the next billing period or would I lose the $12.00?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

The way I read it, if you were on a $40 plan and had $42 in referral rewards than you would only receive $40 credit towards you next cycle. But as @Anonymous  mention there are quirks and in this case all rewards are transferred to available funds prior to billing. I am not in this situation so maybe someone that is can confirm what happens.

That is how I read the official wording that RossN mentioned too. But it's not my experience. I guess it could change at any time.

The way I read it, if you were on a $40 plan and had $42 in referral rewards than you would only receive $40 credit towards you next cycle. But as @Anonymous  mention there are quirks and in this case all rewards are transferred to available funds prior to billing. I am not in this situation so maybe someone that is can confirm what happens.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jaymuench wrote:

I'm still confused.  So I am on thge $40.00 plan, I can then only accumulate $40.00 in rewards - got that.  I also understand that the sign up deal is not part of that so will allow my monthly balance at this time to exceed the $40.00.  In my case I had $12.00 rewards ($10.00 for referral and a $2.00 autopay credit).

On Oct 06, when my next payment is due, just to be clear, by $40.00 will be dducted from the $52.00 balance, and $12.00 will carry over into the next cycle, plus I'll have anothr $2.00 credit for the autopay and as the first response say then have $14.00?

Is this correct?  Or would I lose the remaining $12.00 and then only have $2.00 balance?

Yes.  Your $2 reward will be added to your available fund first before $40 is taken to pay your monthly fee. 

Since you have a $40 plan, you need to refer over 38 subscribers before you have to worry about the reward carrying over.  Just enjoy your PM saving for now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@jaymuench wrote:

I'm still confused.  So I am on thge $40.00 plan, I can then only accumulate $40.00 in rewards - got that.  I also understand that the sign up deal is not part of that so will allow my monthly balance at this time to exceed the $40.00.  In my case I had $12.00 rewards ($10.00 for referral and a $2.00 autopay credit).

On Oct 06, when my next payment is due, just to be clear, by $40.00 will be dducted from the $52.00 balance, and $12.00 will carry over into the next cycle, plus I'll have anothr $2.00 credit for the autopay and as the first response say then have $14.00?

In this case you are correct, you will not lose the $12 because as you say the sign up deal is not a reward as such.

Yes. There are two distinct terms in play here. Rewards - which are earned each term. Credits - which the initial $2 autopay is really kinda and the $10 referral for the new customer and any other promo credits and the coveted $25/$25 referral credit for both parties.

jaymuench

Thanks!  

Appreciate the help.

@jaymuench wrote:

In this case you are correct, you will not lose the $12 because as you say the sign up deal is not a reward as such.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaymuench wrote:

Is this correct?  Or would I lose the remaining $12.00 and then only have $2.00 balance?

You will not lose what is in your Available Funds. Each term you will get new rewards. They get converted into your Available Funds at renewal. If there's still some value left in there then it carries over again.

jaymuench

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jaymuench wrote:

Z10USER4:

So are you saying after my renewal, I will lose any unused rewards? 

RossN mentioned the official wording.

It has been my experience that the rewards and credits remaining in Available Funds after a renewal will stay there and be used for the next renewal (or add-ons). There are several quirks around here.

so you can possibly have more than $15 credit in your account. Your rewards are applied to your new cycle first than any other funds you have on credit and then it will draw from your cc if needed.

@jaymuench wrote:

Z10USER4:

Correct.  Arguably, the wording is a bit unfair if I could use those words.  Suppose a new customer signs up for the $10 plan.  A $10 reward is credited for the next renewal.  Setting up auto payment during activation results in a deferred $2 reward.  If the rewards don't carry, then it is inconsistent with other existing terms.  Rewards carryover is an outlier anyway.  Eventually funds will be consumed. 

@jaymuench wrote:

Z10USER4:

The sign up deal is not included in what @Anonymous is saying, just your rewards.

So if you are on the $15 plan you can receive up to a max of $15 in rewards (not including any sign up deals or extra deposits) per 30 day cycle.

jaymuench

Z10USER4:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

@jaymuench hi here is an excerpt from reward rules in your case the one free month does not count as a reward Smiley Happy

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Nor the $10. And yes that's the official line. But...well...quirks. 🙂

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jaymuench wrote:

If I have accumulated rewards for instance, $10.00 for using a referral, $2.00 for autopay, and then the sign up deal that provided one monthg free and that zdds up to $52.00 in my available funds.  If my monthly bill is $40.00, will the $12.00 remain in my available funds for the next billing period or would I lose the $12.00?

Available fund in your account is your money and will be carried over until you have used them.

This will happen to your account on your next renewal date:

Available Fund before renewal $52

add: autopay reward  $2

add: refer-a-friend reward $10

less: Plan $40

Available fund after renewal = $14

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jaymuench hi here is an excerpt from reward rules in your case the one free month does not count as a reward  so that wouldn't add to the total or put you over your total plan cost Smiley Happy

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Yes, it carry's over!

Need Help? Let's chat.