cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reusing a Public Mobile sim card?

p1901
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to be a public mobile customer and I still have the sim card. I haven't been using it for over a year. Can I "reactivate" it? Would I be given my old phone number or a new one, or is that up to me?

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

@AE_Collector wrote:

@computergeek541 

Not @AE_Collector ..,,

Sorry: I mentioned the wrong member.

@computergeek541 

Not @AE_Collector ..,,

Now I have to ask....”Sweet Deals Promo”?? Have I been out doing yard work while a new promo has launched? The flash Sale registration ended last night. Off exploring....

I’m back to report no new promo in “Announcements”. Off to the PM home page next...

And... I’m back again. Ah, okay...yes the old (sour really) Sweet Deal..

“We've got a sweet deal for you.  $35”

I get it now....

@kselmak wrote:

Hi @p1901 

You could give a call to your local Walmart and see if they give free sims for in-store activation. No worries you can use your friend's referral in stores too don't forget to give it to clerk.

You just missed a promo, I'm sure another over is around a corner.

In a case you call India here is another promo that is still valid https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/SWEETDEALS 

Clarification:  I know that kselmak didn't actually say that someone could get that promotion at a store, but if a new customer activates at a store, that customer will not be eligible for the Sweet Deals offer.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@p1901 

No go with the old SIM card but if you have service currently with another provider you can port that number in to a new PM account. Or just pick a new number.

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@p1901 

Your old plan will be suspended if your did not renew your plan.  90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.  You phone number will go back to the provider whao gave you your phone number.  Your old PM SIM card is useless after your old plan cancellation. 

You need to start over again to buy a new PM SIM card and do the new activation process again.  Welcome back to PM family.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @p1901 

You could give a call to your local Walmart and see if they give free sims for in-store activation. No worries you can use your friend's referral in stores too don't forget to give it to clerk.

You just missed a promo, I'm sure another over is around a corner.

In a case you call India here is another promo that is still valid https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/SWEETDEALS 

If not and if you are not in a hurry i would suggest to wait until the next one they are frequent these days, we had many second month free bit we didn't have '6-8 months $10 off' in very long time

Welcome back

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@p1901 wrote:

I used to be a public mobile customer and I still have the sim card. I haven't been using it for over a year. Can I "reactivate" it? Would I be given my old phone number or a new one, or is that up to me?

Thank you

@p1901 hello sorry new sim and your old phone number is most likely gone 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@p1901 Welcome back to PM. Unfortunately, no. After 90 days on inactivity, the account is closed forever. You need to buy a new SIM.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@p1901 sorry but No.  You have to buy a new sim card.

Good time to come back as there is a Flash Sale going on

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

Welcome back!

Need Help? Let's chat.