cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning to Public Mobile Problems/Questions

TongZ
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey all, sorry if this isn't the right place, I am not even sure how I would search this question.

Basically a year ago I left to a different country, and was planning to maintain my account by paying once every 6 months to keep my account active. Unfortunately due to Covid and other changes in plans, I did not manage to renew my account on time. Now that I have returned to Canada and need a phone number again, I would love to use my old account but it is unavailable.

So first question; is the account completely wiped or is there some way to recover it?

If it is completely wiped, can I still make a new account with the public mobile SIM cards I was using before? I tried entering the SIM and it said "SIM invalid", but not sure why. I need to isolate for 14 days at the moment, but I also need a phone number to stay in contact with the border agency to confirm my status. Would really like to just reactive my account or make a new account using the SIM card I already have.

Thanks for any advice or tips from someone who has experience with this!

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

You can order and pickup at Canadian Cell Supplies if there is a store in your city.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TongZ : Seems you have internet access...you could use any of the voip apps like TextNow that does talk & text. Select a number and give that out until you can get a SIM.

With that too you can try calling your old number to see if it has been re-taken. If someone answers then you're outta luck. If no one answers then if it originally came from the Telus family then maybe just maybe you might be able to get it back. If not from the Telus family then you would need to think about re-activating with wherever the number originated.

@TongZ  

Currently you can order a pm sim card from amazon.ca with free delivery for $5 or pay for expedieted delivery to get it as early as tomorrow.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TongZ wrote:

Hey all, sorry if this isn't the right place, I am not even sure how I would search this question.

Basically a year ago I left to a different country, and was planning to maintain my account by paying once every 6 months to keep my account active. Unfortunately due to Covid and other changes in plans, I did not manage to renew my account on time. Now that I have returned to Canada and need a phone number again, I would love to use my old account but it is unavailable.

So first question; is the account completely wiped or is there some way to recover it?

If it is completely wiped, can I still make a new account with the public mobile SIM cards I was using before? I tried entering the SIM and it said "SIM invalid", but not sure why. I need to isolate for 14 days at the moment, but I also need a phone number to stay in contact with the border agency to confirm my status. Would really like to just reactive my account or make a new account using the SIM card I already have.

@TongZ   Sorry but your account and number would be deactivated after 90 days of suspension because of non payment.  Now you need a new SIM to activate a new number, however, you can reuse your old email for the re-activation.

Are you able to have someone who can purchase the SIM for you from a retailer like Walmart or London Drugs?  That way you could then activate your new account by using this link: https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

SIMs can also be ordered from PM here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/get-started

or from Canadiancellsupplies.com although you'll have a wait of a week or more.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@TongZ wrote:

@TongZ hi I am sorry to say that account is closed completely you need a new sim, number and email 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@TongZ wrote:

@TongZ Unfortunately after 90 days the account closes, your number is gone, you lose any rewards accumulated and the sim card is no longer useable. You will need a new sim card and account.

Need Help? Let's chat.