cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving Voicemail from another phone

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I try to access my voicemail from a landline phone when i  am out of signal service range, I tried what I did with my previous provider, pressing the pound key during the greeting...when it prompts me to key in my password it says it is the wrong password...but it is not...how can this be made to work?

18 REPLIES 18

tareapart
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much my son missed an interview call and cant retrieve from his messages on his phone cuz it's stopped working.  Life saver!!

Just to add... Here is a link to a list of all known local voicemail access numbers across Canada. You can dial any one of these to access your voicemail without ringing your own phone number, possibly saving on long distance on that phone if your number is not a local call from it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Anndeecobb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anndeecobb 

Call your number from another phone and when your greeting starts press the * key and then enter your voicemail password and you're in.

Edit: beat

@Anndeecobb 

You can use another phone to check your voicemail. Dial your number and press * at the greeting.

Anndeecobb

Anndeecobb

@LARams wrote:

If I retrieve my voicemails from another phone, does this count towards my airtime minutes?  I'm on the 100 minutes a month plan. tks

No it doesn't.

It will use airtime of the phone used to call the Public voicemail.

LARams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I retrieve my voicemails from another phone, does this count towards my airtime minutes?  I'm on the 100 minutes a month plan. tks

@Lieux wrote:

As @Tony8 wrote you need to set your voicemail first to have access to your voicemail and you need to do it with your phone BEFORE a different phone.

That is not correct. You can ALWAYS access your voicemail (VM) via another phone... BUT there is a bug in the system. The catch is that if you have never accessed your voicemail from your own cellphone, you can only access your voicemail from another phone IF the voicemail password (PW) is set to the default PW, i.e., your telephone number. Once you set a PW, you either have to activate access from your cell phone at least once OR you can simply reset your VM PW via self-serve, which sets it back to the default PW. 

Hope that makes sense.

trishe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes. This is it exactly. Thank you. It now works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@trishe wrote:

When I try to access my voicemail from a landline phone when i  am out of signal service range, I tried what I did with my previous provider, pressing the pound key during the greeting...when it prompts me to key in my password it says it is the wrong password...but it is not...how can this be made to work?

Yes. Here it's the * key. If you don't know your VM password then you can reset it in the self-serve. It resets it to your 10 digit phone number.

pm101helpu
Hello there;
Here is the simple steps to achieving your goal! PS dial from your landline.

1. Dial your 10 digit cellular number, you may need to dial a specific country code depending on where you are. An example in Canada is usually the number 1 prior to the 10 digit number.
2. Enter your password when prompted by your voicemail, and then follow the instructions to retrieve your voicemail and you're all done.

I hope this helps, good luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

@trishe With PM it's the * key not the # key. If you need to reset your voicemail password for any reason you can do it by accessing your account online 

Hope this helps.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

As @Tony8 wrote you need to set your voicemail first to have access to your voicemail and you need to do it with your phone BEFORE a different phone.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to make sure you set your voicemail password already.

Follow these steps:

Main steps
Access voicemail from another phone
Accessing your voicemail from another phone is handy when you don't have your wireless phone with you or when outside a coverage area. To check your voicemail messages from another phone:

1. Call your 10-digit wireless voicemail number.
  2. If you reach the main voicemail system greeting, enter your 10-digit wireless phone
  3. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the * key to interrupt it.
  4. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  5. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@trishe wrote:

For the voicemail you can have all the information here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature... .If you forgot your password you need to reach the moderator here for help https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.