cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Retrieving Voicemail from another phone

When I try to access my voicemail from a landline phone when i  am out of signal service range, I tried what I did with my previous provider, pressing the pound key during the greeting...when it prompts me to key in my password it says it is the wrong password...but it is not...how can this be made to work?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Retrieving Voicemail from another phone

@trishe wrote:

When I try to access my voicemail from a landline phone when i  am out of signal service range, I tried what I did with my previous provider, pressing the pound key during the greeting...when it prompts me to key in my password it says it is the wrong password...but it is not...how can this be made to work?

Yes. Here it's the * key. If you don't know your VM password then you can reset it in the self-serve. It resets it to your 10 digit phone number.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

For the voicemail you can have all the information here....https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature... .If you forgot your password you need to reach the moderator here for help https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to make sure you set your voicemail password already.

Follow these steps:

Main steps
Access voicemail from another phone
Accessing your voicemail from another phone is handy when you don't have your wireless phone with you or when outside a coverage area. To check your voicemail messages from another phone:

1. Call your 10-digit wireless voicemail number.
  2. If you reach the main voicemail system greeting, enter your 10-digit wireless phone
  3. When you hear your voicemail greeting, press the * key to interrupt it.
  4. Enter your voicemail password when prompted.
  5. Follow the voice prompts to listen to your messages.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

As @Tony8 wrote you need to set your voicemail first to have access to your voicemail and you need to do it with your phone BEFORE a different phone.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

@trishe With PM it's the * key not the # key. If you need to reset your voicemail password for any reason you can do it by accessing your account online 

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Hello there;
Here is the simple steps to achieving your goal! PS dial from your landline.

1. Dial your 10 digit cellular number, you may need to dial a specific country code depending on where you are. An example in Canada is usually the number 1 prior to the 10 digit number.
2. Enter your password when prompted by your voicemail, and then follow the instructions to retrieve your voicemail and you're all done.

I hope this helps, good luck!
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@trishe wrote:

Yes. Here it's the * key. If you don't know your VM password then you can reset it in the self-serve. It resets it to your 10 digit phone number.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes. This is it exactly. Thank you. It now works. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lieux wrote:

As @Tony8 wrote you need to set your voicemail first to have access to your voicemail and you need to do it with your phone BEFORE a different phone.

That is not correct. You can ALWAYS access your voicemail (VM) via another phone... BUT there is a bug in the system. The catch is that if you have never accessed your voicemail from your own cellphone, you can only access your voicemail from another phone IF the voicemail password (PW) is set to the default PW, i.e., your telephone number. Once you set a PW, you either have to activate access from your cell phone at least once OR you can simply reset your VM PW via self-serve, which sets it back to the default PW. 

Hope that makes sense.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I retrieve my voicemails from another phone, does this count towards my airtime minutes?  I'm on the 100 minutes a month plan. tks