cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response to questions

ccl62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up an account on Friday morning and need help with a couple of issues. When will I get a response from my pm to moderator?

14 REPLIES 14

@Jasnil123 wrote:

They are way better then chatr

If you mean Public Mobile I agree:)  Although I've never been with Chatr so have no actual knowledge.   Every carrier has their pluses and minuses though.

Jasnil123

They are way better then chatr

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR wrote:
@dabrI think the closest to infinite roll over is probably Chatr.. their data add ons expires on one's "Anniversary date".

Just adding a data point for someone in the future who might be shopping around.

So is that the anniversary of  the purchase date of data?  That wouldn't be too bad a deal, also I've noticed their add-on data is quite a bit cheaper at $5/500 mb and some plans have no overage either.  But it's a bit more confusing about the in-zone vs nationwide though.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@dabr I think the closest to infinite roll over is probably Chatr.. their data add ons expires on one's "Anniversary date".

Just adding a data point for someone in the future who might be shopping around.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@dabr@ccl62 Honestly unless the subscriber is very active (25% up) in the Public Mobile Community, the money you save compared with other is minimal at best. Unless you go for the barebone $10 plans, then % wise it would be different. Even Koodo giving $10 off for first 12 months to prepaid customers over $50 negates the price advantage (you only get extra 500Mb on the Public plan).

I had made a comparison chart here between the low cost prepaid flankers.

I won't recommend Public Mobile to a person who is not good at problem solving and / or technically savvy.

@GinYVR  I don't generally disagree with you about the need to be actively involved in the community provides the most savings for users compared to other carriers, but I'm still thinking that it's easier to earn discounts here even without posting in the community forum.  The obvious ones being autopay, referral and loyalty rewards.  Yes I've noticed other carriers are also giving discounts/data now too with autopay, but none of the other carriers (except Koodo, unless I'm missing something) allow add-ons to roll over indefintely. 

Having said that I don't think PM is a good fit for people who cannot afford to lose service for more day at the most, and it defintely requires a user to be maybe at least a little more hands on about learning and resolving some of the minor issues when they crop up.

Interesting chart and it would seem there's not too much differences between the budget carriers.  But I'll still give the edge to PM on the whole:)

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@dabr@ccl62 Honestly unless the subscriber is very active (25% up) in the Public Mobile Community, the money you save compared with other provider is minimal at best. Unless you go for the barebone $10 plans, then % wise it would be different. Even Koodo deal giving $10 off for first 12 months to prepaid customers over $50 negates the price advantage (you only get extra 500Mb on the Public plan).

I had made a comparison chart here between the low cost prepaid flankers.

I won't recommend Public Mobile to a person who is not good at problem solving and / or technically savvy. Nor someone where 1 PM account is their only telcom communications.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ccl62 wrote:

Yes, I did. Quite a few times. This is the only disadvantage I see to PM. I recommended this to my SIL and she is not impressed. I had no problems with my own account though.

I hope you don't mean you sent quite a few messages for the one issue! That will just slow down the queue for everyone including yourself. The more duplicate and redundant tickets, the longer it takes to process the others.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ccl62 wrote:

Yes, I did. Quite a few times. This is the only disadvantage I see to PM. I recommended this to my SIL and she is not impressed. I had no problems with my own account though.

I agree with you that contacting and waiting for a moderator to reply is probably the biggest drawback of PM, however, most users do not experience major issues with their service (as far as I'm aware), obviously that's no consolation when you do and have to wait for an extended period.  OTOH there are more savings here than with other carriers, which is the main draw for most people using this service.

Hopefully you'll hear back sooner rather than later.

ccl62

ccl62

Afraid not. It has to do with porting a phone and something else.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ccl62 wrote:

I set up an account on Friday morning and need help with a couple of issues. When will I get a response from my pm to moderator?

What are the issues? 

While you are waiting, we may be able to solve it for you as long as your issues do not need to access to your account.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@ccl62 wrote:

They get to you as fast as possible. No one here knows but they tell us to wait 2 days.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ccl62 

Official response times up to 48 hours, but if busier, can be longer.  It has been busier recently unfortunately.  

If there are any questions that the community members can answer, ask away.....  

Need Help? Let's chat.