cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reregistration

dipitidoodah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I inherited a phone with a PM SIM card and the account was closed. Can I create a new account under my name and reregister the SIM card and at the same time port my existing mobile phone number from another carrier?

4 REPLIES 4

@sue-s wrote:

If the old provider is either Telus or Koodo you can use your sim card I believe.

Public Mobile sim cards can only be used at Public Mobile.  Also, the member was asking if the sim card can be reused; it cannot.   If the account has closed (which the OP already stated), the sim card is trash.

If you"re just saying that a Koodo or Telus phone would be compatible, that's true, but it's an answer to a different question.

sue-s
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If the old provider is either Telus or Koodo you can use your sim card I believe.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dipitidoodah, if the account that has been suspended has not reached 90 days of suspension, the account can be resurrected by making a payment.  To do that you will need the login information from the account so that you can take over.  Otherwise, the SIM card is effectively unusable and you will need to start fresh and activate your own account. 

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Likely not. You probably will need to get a new SIM. Once a SIM is attached to an account, I don't know of any provider that would let you transfer a SIM to another account.

Need Help? Let's chat.