cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested new number but number says not in service???

alsoto363
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey everyone, I am getting extremely frustrated with this company. Really starting to regret buying a sim card from these guys. I initially tried to port a number but it had been more than 10 hours and nothing. I then requested for them to just change my number to one of the ones they give you using the pertinent area code. This doesn't seem to work as well and says this number is not in service as well. What the hell is going on? My data works fine and I can make calls but no one can call me nor does my text messages work. 

11 REPLIES 11

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

oops sorry, just noticed you did say that you can make calls but no one can call or text you.

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My friend @Heyhurly had this problem. It seems it may be an issue with the website or something? He also did not get any welcome emails so he thought it was not working. Then he put his SIM card into his phone and tried calling me and I got the call! I also called him back and he got the call. So it actually did work when he first entered it a few days ago, despite the  error message he got when activating it. Try calling someone or having them call you to see. My friend didn't even know his own ph# until I sent it to him as he did not get any welcome emails or texts, etc. Hmm.. wondering who can we notify at PM about this problem?

@morganbrandy try resetting your network settings.  For more targeted help.  What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks 

@morganbrandy 

@morganbrandy wrote:

I'm currently experiencing the same issue! I just switched from Bell to Public Mobile 2 days ago and my phone has not worked since and is showing no service. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do.

Have you tried your old Bell SIM card?  Does it work still? 

Are you able to access self service account?  Is account status active or suspended?  

Did you reboot your phone? 

Maybe try your PM Sim card in another working phone.  To help determine whether hardware setup issue versus PM service problem.  

@morganbrandy The post immediately above yours asks the OP for some information to help track down the issue. So often people post here with issues and it's a like pulling teeth trying to get info from them. Perhaps you can answer the questions put forth by @darlicious in effort to get this solved. Good luck and welcome to PM.

morganbrandy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm currently experiencing the same issue! I just switched from Bell to Public Mobile 2 days ago and my phone has not worked since and is showing no service. I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do.

@alsoto363 

1. The number you were porting in was a mobile number?
  2. Was your previous account active when you initiated the port?
  3. What happens when you call your original (ported ) number? Can you access your old account? If it's still active your port has failed.
  4. When you log into your account what phone number is showing in your account?
  5. How did you request a new number? Simon? A moderator? In your account?
  6. Have you contacted the moderators asking to help fix a failed port of your number?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alsoto363your port should have finished by now. Is everything working now? 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@alsoto363 It is frustrated. Seems your number hasn't been ported yet. You may need your old SIM card in another phone to receive phone call and texts in the meantime. Welcome to PM! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alsoto363  Sounds like your port  got stuck. Best to submit a ticket by clicking the "?" Bottom right of the screen and ask the moderator team for help.

blackmatcha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you port the number by yourself or with the help of the moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.