cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replied text message to local phone number went to overseas

Tsubo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve been using PM since last month.   I send text everyday to my family & various friends in lower mainland.   Strange thing happened 2 times.  My replied text message to local numbers went to overseas.   My friends didn’t receive my messages at all, so I checked the usage history, then it added the overseas code 81, which is to Japan.   Why this strange thing happened with PM service??   I was Fido customer for over 10 years, but never happened such weird thing.   Why the overseas code to be added when I simply replied back to the text message...?    My phone is iPhone SE, and I set up the language in Japanese, but it can’t be the cause of this trouble...

4 REPLIES 4

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Tsubo wrote:

I’ve been using PM since last month.   I send text everyday to my family & various friends in lower mainland.   Strange thing happened 2 times.  My replied text message to local numbers went to overseas.   My friends didn’t receive my messages at all, so I checked the usage history, then it added the overseas code 81, which is to Japan.   Why this strange thing happened with PM service??   I was Fido customer for over 10 years, but never happened such weird thing.   Why the overseas code to be added when I simply replied back to the text message...?    My phone is iPhone SE, and I set up the language in Japanese, but it can’t be the cause of this trouble...

That's not Public. Public can't change where your phone says it sent. Look for a setting that auto adds a prefix. Some people like that because they can dial less numbers but call still works if long distance.

@Tsubo wrote:

Thank you for yr suggestion.  

I came back in June after 3 week stay.  But nothing to do with my phone setting as I never set up anything.    Both numbers are local numbers and rest of the messages were delivered without any problem.   Wonder anybody has experienced same problem and solved this issue...

@Tsubo If you used a local sim in your phone when you were on Japan it possible that it can affect some of your contacts. You should check your settings and each contact to make sure the info is correct.

Tsubo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for yr suggestion.  

I came back in June after 3 week stay.  But nothing to do with my phone setting as I never set up anything.    Both numbers are local numbers and rest of the messages were delivered without any problem.   Wonder anybody has experienced same problem and solved this issue...

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tsubo wrote:

@Tsubo Did you just come recently from Japan? Check your contacts settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.