cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced SIM card not working

Suzy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello - today I made a mistake up activating new account and SIM card on new years eve and it is not working.  I followed all the steps to activate.  The connection symbol was flashing off and on, figured it was a faulty SIM card so I went to the store and bought another new card.  I changed SIM card number associated with my account via the link under "My Profile", and it said it successfully changed the associated SIM.  However, after I inserted the new card, this card is also not connecting. I confirmed both SIM cards didn't work in my sons phone who is also with Public Mobile.  His SIM card worked instantly when inserted into my phone.  Any help is appreciated, as I was hoping to chat with people for new years eve!

6 REPLIES 6

Brock1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just bought a new SIM card for a new phone and when I put the # in it isn't working

Suzy123

Thanks, all is fixed and working perfect .

@Suzy123 wrote:

Thanks I will try that, as it does currently show "Active" status.

Hope they aren't too long getting back to you. Have a look at Textnow app, for calling/texting, to tide you over using wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Suzy123

Thanks I will try that, as it does currently show "Active" status.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Suzy123 That sounds as though your new account has not activated completely. Can you see Status "Active" when logged into the account? If yes, then you need moderator assistance To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To make calls/texts using wifi while waiting for resolution have a look at the Textnow app.

On the other hand, if the account shows Suspended you need to pay the plan cost to reactivate.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Suzy123 click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and explain the problem. It sounds like if the new activation was no provisioned properly and needs to be fixed by the moderator_team.  Maje sure you get to submit ticket and hopefully the moderators will get back to you later today 

Need Help? Let's chat.