cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration says invalid SIM after failed activation

okonig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a SIM card which I tried to activate. After clicking activate, it loaded for some time, then it said "Oops, something went wrong", and to start over. Now when I try to activate my SIM again, it says my SIM code is invalid. How can I fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

@okonig 

Maybe try the Sim card in the phone.  

If it still does not work, you may need to contact moderator to help with activation.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

okonig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used a voucher, so I cannot check if it went through. When trying to activate today again, I get the same problem, even when using Chrome Incognito Mode and clearing everything: Screenshot 2020-01-06 at 09.20.55.png

Jencho
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did it work?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@okonig  When that happens the PM system sets a session lock so you will have to wait for the session lock to clear. It usually takes about an hour to clear. Once it clears you should be able to activate again. 

If it's still a problem then submit a ticket for help.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@okonig 

First check to make sure that your credit card was not charged.  If charged, put in the PM Sim card into your phone to see whether the activation was successful.  

If not charged, you can try again.  Might want to wait one hour.  Or you could clear cache, try a different web browser or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito mode works well with this website.  

Need Help? Let's chat.