cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration failed at payment screen and now saying invalid sim

E_cerminara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help, new to public mobile, followed all the steps, asked to use my current Telus number, and then when I completed the payment screen, I got a message saying “the page you are trying to find does not exist or invalid link??” Pushed back and the had a message saying completing activation. After waiting 5min, I tried to redo the process and now get an error that says invalid sim? How do I fix this! Who do I contact! 

10 REPLIES 10

westottawa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Easiest way to send private message to Moderators 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/get-support

In the message includes your SIM card number, your name, address and they'll check if the card is activated or not, then you can start from there . 

I've merged these two threads together as they're both about this members account activation.

@E_cerminara 

The successful messages is not an indication of porting success, as silly as that may sound. It only means that Public Mobile has sent the request to the other carrier and change the phone number assigned to your Public Mobile account.It does not mean that the number has been transfered over.

See if your Telus sim is still functional. When it is NOT, shut off your phone, pull the sim for 5 minutes. Put it back in and start your phone.

@E_cerminara wrote:

Phone shows no service 30min after activation of new phone, I did transfer my number from Telus, and the confirmation screen said successful, so why do I have no service?

Porting may not be quite finished.  Most of the time it's completed in half an hour but sometimes it can take upto 3 hours.

Try rebooting your phone.   Also power off phone, remove SIM and wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart the phone.

@E_cerminara you can try restarting your phone. If that doesn't work try the lost/stolen trick. Also you can try your old Telus Sim card to see if it still works 

E_cerminara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Phone shows no service 30min after activation of new phone, I did transfer my number from Telus, and the confirmation screen said successful, so why do I have no service?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Does it say to try in an hour?

Was your credit card charged?

If yes welcome to public, try logging in to your self-serve. If you can't login try creating your self-serve

If your card was not charged try again a bit later

If your sim got fried or flagged contact moderators

PS. Don't forget your referral next time you try, the option is not checked by default

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@E_cerminara hi check to see if your account is active put your sim in your phone to check also see if your cc was charged 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Clear cache files, use a different web browser, wait for an hour and try again. PM website can be...tempermental at times.

Welcome to PM.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@E_cerminara if your credit card was not charged and your sim does not work in your phone you need to wait 1 hour and then try again. The system puts a hold on the sim card number for an hour after an activation is started!  Use chrome browser with incognito mode on if you can 

Need Help? Let's chat.