cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registered Sim, payment went through but the sim doesn't seem to have been activated

Jor9eMartinez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I registered my new sim, filled out the online form, payed and got an error message saying that something went wrong. After some attempts I was able to access my account where it shows my sim number, personal info and payment info. It looks like the account is active but I still can't make calls or connect to the PM network. I still seem to be active in Koodo, where I was transfering from, because I can make and receive calls with my Koodo sim. I've tried many recommendations found her in the community chat: calling koodo to check that my mobile isn't blocked, manually trying to connect to the PM network, waiting for a few hours, even messaging the @CS_Agent without success

Has anyone experienced this before? 

6 REPLIES 6

SomeFriend
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In my experience, Koodo ports to Public Mobile take two minutes, roughly.  If it's not working, it's most likely stuck.  😞

Only the moderator team can help with that.  You can contact them here.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jor9eMartinez wrote:

Yes, it shows as Active and my number shows up in the Plan and Addons page. I guess I have to wait then 

Is your Koodo SIM card still working?

If yes, continue to use your Koodo SIM card until it stop working.  Then, switch to PM SIM.

If you have not send a private message to moderator, please do it ASAP.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Now, I have covered everything.  Just wait for moderator to fix your port. 

Jor9eMartinez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, it shows as Active and my number shows up in the Plan and Addons page. I guess I have to wait then 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jor9eMartinez 

Login to your account.

Is your account status active on the overview page?

If yes, select [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. 

Is your Koodo number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] page?

If yes, PM has done it part to get your number from Koodo. Continue to use your Koodo SIM until it stops working.  Then, start using your PM SIM card.

If no, you number porting had not started yet.

@Jor9eMartinez 

Koodo ports should be very quick since it is same company.  If you Koodo SIM card is still working, your port is likely stuck.  You will need to wait for moderator to help complete port.  Their wait times are 1-2 days.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jor9eMartinez wrote:

Hi

I registered my new sim, filled out the online form, payed and got an error message saying that something went wrong. After some attempts I was able to access my account where it shows my sim number, personal info and payment info. It looks like the account is active but I still can't make calls or connect to the PM network. I still seem to be active in Koodo, where I was transfering from, because I can make and receive calls with my Koodo sim. I've tried many recommendations found her in the community chat: calling koodo to check that my mobile isn't blocked, manually trying to connect to the PM network, waiting for a few hours, even messaging the @CS_Agent without success

Has anyone experienced this before? 

@Jor9eMartinez  When you login online does it show the correct plan on the landing page? If you can't make calls you might have a stuck port so you will have to wait for the moderator to fix it.

Need Help? Let's chat.