cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register a new e-mail account - works differently from main site and shopping cart

coghlanpf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I think I see why I've been hitting roadblocks trying to register an account or reset my password: a) main page requires an existing PM phone number to create an account, b) shopping cart does not require an existing phone number to create an account, just name+e-mail+password, c) existing Koodo prepaid customers like myself encounter "e-mail already associated with an account message" in (b), which gives the impression that a PM account was already created and therefore might just need a new password, however d) attempts to reset the password results in "unable to verify e-mail address". Can creating an account on the main page (My Account) and the shopping cart be made to work the same way? Can someone confirm that existing Koodo prepaid e-mail ID cannot be reused with PM?
6 REPLIES 6

@kselmak wrote:

Thanks for the tip

I'm curious now to know how I could test it.

I should contact them about it too

My recollection, which has known to be faulty, is the discrepancy in the two addresses affected application of Community rewards. To receive correct reward, Community email address had to match "account" email address. But it's been months since I tried it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

When i switched from koodo i temporarily used different email to setup pm, Also i picked temporary number

After the port was completed and my account with koodo dissolved i switched to my usual email from the self serve

@kselmak You should send a private message to the moderators and request that your account email address be changed to your username. I know from experience that changing your user name in self serve does not change the "official" account email.

Thanks for the tip

I'm curious now to know how I could test it.

I should contact them about it too

@kselmak wrote:

When i switched from koodo i temporarily used different email to setup pm, Also i picked temporary number

After the port was completed and my account with koodo dissolved i switched to my usual email from the self serve

@kselmak You should send a private message to the moderators and request that your account email address be changed to your username. I know from experience that changing your user name in self serve does not change the "official" account email.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@coghlanpf wrote:
I think I see why I've been hitting roadblocks trying to register an account or reset my password: a) main page requires an existing PM phone number to create an account, b) shopping cart does not require an existing phone number to create an account, just name+e-mail+password, c) existing Koodo prepaid customers like myself encounter "e-mail already associated with an account message" in (b), which gives the impression that a PM account was already created and therefore might just need a new password, however d) attempts to reset the password results in "unable to verify e-mail address". Can creating an account on the main page (My Account) and the shopping cart be made to work the same way? Can someone confirm that existing Koodo prepaid e-mail ID cannot be reused with PM?

@coghlanpf  I can confirm that using the same email for Koodo prepaid and PM is allowed. In fact, I have done it multiple times in the past.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Just use another one temporarily, you can change back later

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Ps. I had the account with koodo for c couple of weeks as i was postpaid and the account was not 0 when i ported out, they ended up sending me a cheque, make sure your mailing info is correct as o once you port out your account is not fully accessible and you can't make the changes like the address where the cheque should be sent. Once balance is 0 the account disappears and i felt o.k. using that email again

Need Help? Let's chat.