cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund - Possible?

YPLiu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up and pre-paid for the service last weekend. Is there any way that I can get my money back? If not, how can I de-activate my account?

This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced from any carrier. I signed up on Saturday to port my number over. By Monday, I knew that it failed. So I've messaged the moderator team TWICE on Monday. Been over 48 hours, I still have not received a response. I messaged them again today, still no response after another 6 hours (messaged at 1PM PST). A total of 3 messages.

Luckily, my Fido service is still active, but I've wasted $50 this month with Public Mobile so far.

8 REPLIES 8

@popping wrote:

I agree with @will13am on the importance of describing the issue/problem to cut down the number of messages between you and the moderator.  Moderator response is up to 48 hours. If moderator needs to ask you for additional information a few times, you are looking for 1 week to fix your problem.

We got a lot of questions like "I activate my SIM card and it is not working".  When I got this question, I need to find out/guess what the OP was doing.

When I read a post like this one, I know exactly what is the problem.

"I activated my SIM card and port my number to PM at the time of activation about 8 hours ago. I cannot receive calls or text messages."

If I were sending the message, I would go as far as mentionin the porting details.  Although they can look into the system and see what was submitted, one of the reason for failure could be a typo.  More but accurate detail does not hurt. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with @will13am on the importance of describing the issue/problem to cut down the number of messages between you and the moderator.  Moderator response is up to 48 hours. If moderator needs to ask you for additional information a few times, you are looking for 1 week to fix your problem.

We got a lot of questions like "I activate my SIM card and it is not working".  When I got this question, I need to find out/guess what the OP was doing.

When I read a post like this one, I know exactly what is the problem.

"I activated my SIM card and port my number to PM at the time of activation about 8 hours ago. I cannot receive calls or text messages."

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@YPLiu wrote: So I've messaged the moderator team TWICE on Monday. Been over 48 hours, I still have not received a response. I messaged them again today, still no response after another 6 hours (messaged at 1PM PST). A total of 3 messages.

I remember reading that anytime you send a message to the moderator team before your first message gets answered all of your messags get bumped all the way to the bottom of the queue.

Can anyone confirm this? @ShawnC13 @will13am

@mimmo wrote:

@Dunkgirl the being pushed to the bottom of the queue was walked back a week or so ago.  Your orriginal spot in line stays the same.

Looks like they just changed it, so sending multiple messages will not slow down the process. This is very very good of public mobile to do this.

I am going to respectfully disagree that sending multiple messages will not affect the queue.  This depends where you are in the queue.  If someone floods the moderator team inbox with the same issue many, many times, it does waste their time to process each message.  Until each message is investigated, there is no way of knowing whether a message is a repeat or not.  If you happen to be in the queue behind all the repeat messages, you are negatively affected.  Bottom line is this, send one message, make it a good one by including the account and PIN, spelling out the issue in concise detail, specifying the resolution you are looking for, double checking the content for completeness, ship it and wait for the response. 

From time to time, I do get private message as if I am a moderator.  Frankly I am appalled at the lack of detail in some of the messages.  I would say 9 out of 10 that I receive requires additional detail in order to be able to understand what is wrong.  These interactions will result in numerous back and forth messages.  The situation is not a whole lot different than repeat messages.  Remember, this is not a live chat session. 

The statement though was that you won't be dropped to the bottom which you won't.  Will the line of items to get looked into get longer yes it will.  I am sure that is why we are still backlogged, a mod will get the issue resolved and if there are multiple messages later down the list other mods will still have to look into whether the issue was resolvevd.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@YPLiu wrote: So I've messaged the moderator team TWICE on Monday. Been over 48 hours, I still have not received a response. I messaged them again today, still no response after another 6 hours (messaged at 1PM PST). A total of 3 messages.

I remember reading that anytime you send a message to the moderator team before your first message gets answered all of your messags get bumped all the way to the bottom of the queue.

@mimmo wrote:

@Dunkgirl the being pushed to the bottom of the queue was walked back a week or so ago.  Your orriginal spot in line stays the same.

Looks like they just changed it, so sending multiple messages will not slow down the process. This is very very good of public mobile to do this.

I am going to respectfully disagree that sending multiple messages will not affect the queue.  This depends where you are in the queue.  If someone floods the moderator team inbox with the same issue many, many times, it does waste their time to process each message.  Until each message is investigated, there is no way of knowing whether a message is a repeat or not.  If you happen to be in the queue behind all the repeat messages, you are negatively affected.  Bottom line is this, send one message, make it a good one by including the account and PIN, spelling out the issue in concise detail, specifying the resolution you are looking for, double checking the content for completeness, ship it and wait for the response. 

From time to time, I do get private message as if I am a moderator.  Frankly I am appalled at the lack of detail in some of the messages.  I would say 9 out of 10 that I receive requires additional detail in order to be able to understand what is wrong.  These interactions will result in numerous back and forth messages.  The situation is not a whole lot different than repeat messages.  Remember, this is not a live chat session. 

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Dunkgirl I refer to this post by Mary which tells us that is not the case.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/STRONGLY-recommend-AVOIDING-PUBLIC-MO...

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@YPLiu wrote:

I signed up and pre-paid for the service last weekend. Is there any way that I can get my money back? If not, how can I de-activate my account?

This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced from any carrier. I signed up on Saturday, been trying to port my number over since Monday. Messaged the moderator team TWICE on Monday. Been over 48 hours, I still have not received a response. I messaged them again today, still no response after another 6 hours (messaged at 1PM PST). A total of 3 messages.

Luckily, my Fido service is still active, but I've wasted $50 this month with Public Mobile so far.

As this is a prepaid service there is no refunds, HOWEVER in your case you have never been provided the service so when the moderators do contact you that would be the time to ask about cancelling the service and getting a refund.  No guarantees that they would do this but that would be the best time to ask.

The only way to deactivate an account is to have it stay in a suspended state for over 90 days (but then you would lose your number) or by porting out to another provider.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@YPLiu

Unfortunately, since Public Mobile is prepaid, there usually is no refund.  

You can disable autopay and when your next payment date, your plan will become inactive. 

The moderator wait times have been 2-3 days the last while.  Hopefully, they will contact you within the next day.  You already waited two days.  I know that it is frustrating to wait so long with no service.  

Need Help? Let's chat.