cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referring a friend who is having issues with the number transfer.

Brendan11st
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have referred a friend and it has been over a week now and they are still not connected. I have referred a number of people and this is the first real issue I’ve had.   Here is the series of events that have happened...

1. Normal friend referral process and account set up.

2. Number transfer using IEM number.

4. Can texts and call out. But can’t receive calls

3. Received a phone msg from the moderator team to the back up phone number telling us to send them the proper IEM number or an account number from the previous provider.   Service still being provided from previous provider. Still can’t receive calls.

4. Referred friend sent ticket to moderator team with info to transfer the number correctly.

5.  Been waiting over a week and still not transferred properly.  Calls still cannot be received.

If this goes on much longer they will simply lose a costumer, and possibly a number of future customers as I will be much more hesitant to recruit anyone else.  Is there a way to call and talk to a person?  I need to get this figured out yesterday.   

9 REPLIES 9

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Has this friend installed the PM SIM card and restarted the phone?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Brendan11st   I would submit another support ticket.  your original one probably got lost.  or try calling the number as @gblackma   mentioned, its a live person who deal with stuck ports.  it is supposed to be internal use only but since its been a week...

your friend should be able to use their old sim till account is ported out.   

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Brendan11st wrote:

This has been done already... still waiting. Over a week. 

No error reason given this time by moderator or you didn't get response from moderator?

Also check if there is number port blocking at Simpy Connect.

Brendan11st

This has been done already... still waiting. Over a week. 

mm80

@Brendan11st wrote:

Yes we sent them he info for the account number transfer.   Previous provider is simply connect.

Have your friend go into the Simply Connect account and copy the account number. Have given to the Public mods. Forget about the IMEI.

Brendan11st

This has already been done.  9 have the reference number of the ticket but it has been a week and still no response back. 

Brendan11st

Yes we sent them he info for the account number transfer.   Previous provider is simply connect.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Brendan11st there isn't anyone to talk to here. It seems the port is stuck. Have your friend contact the moderators and ask them to fix it. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

mm80

Who is the previous provider? IMEI can change if someone doesn't remember last device used at the previous provider or if the records don't match.  Trying with IMEI failed once, so use account number if possible. 

Need Help? Let's chat.