cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred my brother to join PublicMobile. 3 days later, he can't receive calls HELP

Flyboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since my brother is not tech savvy, I went with him to a mall kiosk to "port" his Telus number to Public Mobile. It took the clerk over 1.5 hours to complete the transfer with someone on the phone with Public activation.... Problems from the start.

Eventually, it worked, I called his number and it worked.  Today, I try to call him and get the Public Mobile recording.... "you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"! JUST WOW

Also, I referred him, yet, it didn't get noted on the account so I'm not getting the referral bonus.

I have no way of reaching him now, we live in different cities...

can someone from Public help?

13 REPLIES 13

@Flyboy 

Have you flown the coop?

Anonymous
Not applicable

first thing you have to do rebooting your device and teke SIM Card out about 5 min and put it back if is still not working do a factory reset for your device and try it , i hope that way is will working 100% but if is not working just try to see your SIM Card, on another device if the same problems you need to do

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to the @Moderator_Team by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 💐

• Good Luck 🏵

With the Community craziness this morning, Oracles would have lots to do today. 

@Dunkman  @computergeek541 

Can you merge this one too please?

@Flyboy 

He should try the following related to the service issues:

• rebooting phone,
  • removing and reinserting SIM card,
  • toggling airplane mode, and
  • reset network settings

As far as applying the referral code, he will need to contact public mobile moderators, verify his account, and then provide the moderators with your referral code so that you will get the $1 monthly bonus and he will get the $10 referral credit.   

Since he activated in-store, he'll need to register for his self-serve account to be able to send a Moderator ticket.   That can be done here, Public Mobile - Register

@Flyboy 

Are you having issues seeing replies? Or are just reposting because of the technical issues with the community today? Notifications are not showing up so you will have to go to the main landing page to look for new replies to your question. When you reply if it doesn't want to send just tap on the community "logo" to go back to the landing page and your reply will send and you can click back into your thread again.

@Flyboy 

If you know all of the vital info on the account then you can seek help from the moderator team via private message. You will need to explain that you manage the account for your brother. Start with the moderator team and have them check that the account was set up properly and/or they need to reprovision the sim card as it sounds like that may be the issue.

When you set it up in store did you ever test to see if all the services were working? Do you have any other method of communicating with your brother? As mentioned at the very least he would have to reboot his phone or reseat his sim card. Although not necessary did he create a community account?

Use this as a guide to contact the moderators to try and help sort out the issues with your brothers phone/service...

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times have improved and are currently about one hour.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Flyboy 

Can you text or email him to check his phone if working properly?  

Due to privacy issues, as stated previously, you can't access his account via moderator team.  

that might be a hard problem to fix, as he might not know his issue.

Usually he needs to at least reboot the phone, or even reseat the SIM.   If still have issue, he needs to open a ticket with MOD.  

I assume, if you setup the phone for him and you know all his information including Self-Serve login, credit card info, you might try to open a ticket with Mod just like your account (as long as you can answer Mod's question).  But if Mod replies back and ask you to try some physical check, like what I said above, you wouldn't be able to do it at all.

Flyboy

Hi everyone

Since my brother is not tech savvy, I went with him to a mall kiosk to "port" his Telus number to Public Mobile. It took the clerk over 1.5 hours to complete the transfer with someone on the phone with Public activation.... Problems from the start.

Eventually, it worked, I called his number and it worked.  Today, I try to call him and get the Public Mobile recording.... "you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"! WOW

Also, I referred him, yet, it didn't get noted on the account so I'm not getting the referral bonus.

Flyboy

Hi everyone

Eventually, it worked, I called his number and it worked.  Today, I try to call him and get the Public Mobile recording.... "you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"! WOW

Flyboy

Since my brother is not tech savvy, I went with him to a mall kiosk to "port" his Telus number to Public Mobile. It took the clerk over 1.5 hours to complete the transfer with someone on the phone with Public activation.... Problems from the start. I referred him, yet, it didn't get noted on the account so I'm not getting the referral bonus.

Eventually, it worked, I called his number and it worked.  Today, I try to call him and get the Public Mobile recording.... "you have reached a number that is not equipped for incoming service"! JUST WOW

Need Help? Let's chat.