cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code

waternlava
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I put a referral code when I signed up but I didn't get 10 $ credit. Is it too late to try again?

9 REPLIES 9

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

We should have an option to enter our phone number as the referral code instead of the assigned unique referral code.  It's much easier for the referrer and referral to remember the phone number than the assigned code.  Just a suggestion at least from my perspective.

Novel idea! As @Nezgar said, they just changed it maybe this past spring? My first referrals in the Dec 2018 to Mar 2019 time frame were done using my phone number. Either way is fine with me. The only annoying things for me is that my code is all letters except a 4 in the fifth position followed a letter Oh... thus most would see 40 not 4 O so I constantly have to point out what the code really is to people. Annoying that they couldn't have eliminated confusing letters/numbers from the codes they issued. The other annoying thing to me is that we used to see the 10 digit phone number in our referral list but now see xxx-xxx-1234. I know there are arguments for both ways and most really don't care. Most of my referrals are people fairly close to me so I like to keep track of them which is much more difficult to do now. Add to that number changes usually associated with starting an account then porting in existing number soon after. The ability forbyscto add a tag to each one would solve the problem.

End of ramblings....  AE_Collector

@bigmouth2015 wrote:

We should have an option to enter our phone number as the referral code instead of the assigned unique referral code.  It's much easier for the referrer and referral to remember the phone number than the assigned code.  Just a suggestion at least from my perspective.

It actually was that way until earlier this year. It is less preferable for those who wish to share their referal code publically, and presents it's own security problems... I like the code system, just wish they would have excluded O's, 0's and maybe a few other characters that can be difficult to differentiate...

bigmouth2015

_Naren
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe you got to wait for 72 hours for the credit to appear in your account

@waternlava wrote:

I put a referral code when I signed up but I didn't get 10 $ credit. Is it too late to try again?

@AE_Collector wrote:

@waternlava 

So was this SIM card that came with a referral code around $8 instead of $10? 

I see SIM Cards on eBay for 99c sometimes that state "at this price must be activated" or something like that. I don't know how they know that you will activate or how they can force you to activate it but of course it is a private seller, not PM doing this.

I was just looking at one of those eBay listings... they send the buyer an email with the SIM card details with referal code before mailing it out. I guess if you don't use their referal code they will withold sending you the card? Smiley LOL

@waternlava 

So was this SIM card that came with a referral code around $8 instead of $10? 

I see SIM Cards on eBay for 99c sometimes that state "at this price must be activated" or something like that. I don't know how they know that you will activate or how they can force you to activate it but of course it is a private seller, not PM doing this.

AE_Collector

@waternlava wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@waternlava wrote:

Did you just sign up. The $10 credit can take up to 72 hours to arrive in your account balance.

Ya I just got it from amazon and it came with a code.

Just wait for 72 hours max, and a $10 credit will appear in your accountSmiley Happy

waternlava

@computergeek541 wrote:

@waternlava wrote:

Did you just sign up. The $10 credit can take up to 72 hours to arrive in your account balance.

Ya I just got it from amazon and it came with a code.

@waternlava wrote:

Did you just sign up? The $10 credit can take up to 72 hours to arrive in your account balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.