cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code (question answered, thanks!)

YVRK
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I am getting a new plan today. How do I get a referral code?

Thanks!

UPDATE:  Thank you for all the responses - much appreciated !  Account activated.

20 REPLIES 20

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would say that the person referred you to PM, if they are subscriber then ask them.

Or if you have researched the internet, then use one from your msg box, I am sure you have got many by now.

Welcome to PM and if you have any other questions/concerns, feel free to use this community board.

Edit: @darlicious you are funny.

I had that happen to this account but I didn't create my community account for a couple weeks after activating. Although the regular member wasnt bright enough to tell me it could be added after activation by the moderators! Both @Anonymous  and I both know the member that did eventually end up referring me.....

I have referred a few people who very nicely asked for my referral code after helping them sort out a unique issue. That was a very nice way to say thank you!😃

@Meow wrote:

The only way I see it is if somebody constantly refreshes Community main page and monitors

Meow_0-1634230052835.png

and then sends them referral code.

I would call that very unethical! Such messages should be reported same as spam so CSA can investigate and reprimand such members.

This is certainly a dumb way to "cold call".  Most people register an account when they have issue with their service.  I would make a wild guess that no more than 10% registered new Community account are those who do not have an PM account yet and just come here and ask pre-activation questions.    

BlueB

@Anonymous 

I got that too... I saw what was happening and didn't entertain it.  I wasn't knowledgeable enough at that point to report it so just ignored it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Meow is exactly right. I had this a couple years ago when I made another community account for the draws and such. Got an email(Edit: pm) from someone. I knew what they were doing and went along with it. Then they sent me their code. Yes... unsolicited and against the terms of the place.

@hTideGnow wrote:

curious,   how can ppl do that before OP asked?  Back to the Future Part 4?

Remember movie Space Balls? It is happening now, now, Now... (they watched video tape of a movie within movie...)

The only way I see it is if somebody constantly refreshes Community main page and monitors

Meow_0-1634230052835.png

and then sends them referral code.

I would call that very unethical! Such messages should be reported same as spam so CSA can investigate and reprimand such members.

@Anonymous wrote:

@YVRK : Check the time stamp of codes you received in your inbox. Any that were given before your question was posted are unsolicited and thus against the terms of this place. It's up to you to use any of them of course.

curious,   how can ppl do that before OP asked?  Back to the Future Part 4?

BlueB

@Meow wrote:

How can somebody send a code even before question is posted????Is it possible people are lurking here and looking for new members and send unsolicited referral codes????

The short answer is YES.  There are lurkers who jump on new members.

@Anonymous wrote:

@YVRK : Check the time stamp of codes you received in your inbox. Any that were given before your question was posted are unsolicited and thus against the terms of this place. It's up to you to use any of them of course.

How can somebody send a code even before question is posted????

Is it possible people are lurking here and looking for new members and send unsolicited referral codes????

BlueB

@YVRK 

We all have referral codes and would love to get the "Referral credit" by referring you.  However, if you have any family members or friends with Public Mobile - ask them!  We're all a bunch of great people, but it's meant for friends/family to help promote this service and always nice to get yourself a $10 credit, but also nice to give that $1/mo discount to a friend or family member.  Failing that, yes... any one of us can easily provide you with ours.  🙂

@t_p 

I say the first round you go Dutch!

@darlicious wrote:

@YVRK 

Choose a member of the community and private message them and ask them if they will be your friend and hang out with you in the community. Show you around and maybe take you to the lounge. Then over a cocktail ask them for their referral code.🥂😃!!

who should pay..? 🤔

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@YVRK 

Welcome to PM.

Remember to use AutoPay to get $2 of your monthly (30 days) bill.

Are you porting over your old number or picking a new number from PM?

There are extra steps to follow in order if you are porting over.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'm pretty sure he's good to go by now.

@YVRK 

Choose a member of the community and private message them and ask them if they will be your friend and hang out with you in the community. Show you around and maybe take you to the lounge. Then over a cocktail ask them for their referral code.🥂😃!!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@YVRK....ask a family member or friend with a PM account, for their referral code first. I'm sure they'd be happy with the Reward.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

0PX9O4

Good luck @YVRK ! Let us know if you have any questions as you're signing up

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I sent you a message with my code.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

check your inbox the little envelope top right corner wecome!!

t_p
Mayor / Maire

Sent you a code via pm

Need Help? Let's chat.