Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Reward

BobS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

New member here.

I just signed up 2 family members and had Walmart set up the new members.  Does this entitle me so a referral reward?  My account says I've earned $2 ($1 for each person), but aren't I entitled to a one time reward of $10 each?  I understand that the current promotion for referral rewards of $25 each applies only to online set-up, but there was no way for me to order sim cards and have them arrive prior to the end of the $25 promotion.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

azevedoangie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Certain Wal-Mart's will sell you the card. You have to mention that Public Mobile told you to do it. The reason is it is a third party selling the sim card and they don't receive an activation credit if they only sell you the sim card. Don't take no for an answer. I have gotten two sim cards at different Wal-Mart's recently. The Wal-Mart's in the US have sim cards on the shelf to purchase. If it was only like this in Canada life would be easier.

Trinamrc

Wish I read this an hour ago! Will be letting my in-laws know when they go in to switch over to public. Thank you for the info!!

@Alan_K@Brooke_C@Dave_M

When is Public Mobile going to REMOVE WAL-MART as a vendor who (does not) sell SIM cards?  This is ridiculous that new subscribers and potentially current subscribers can not purchase them at all, or without a fight at a retailer who originally was not suppose to do activations.

Grow some courage, and stand up to this bully - even if it's a 3rd party providing the in-store service.

Your instructions to us state we can purchase a SIM Card in Wal-Mart and the other SIM Card retailers without activation.

This *SHOULD BE* then number one fix for 2019.

Either change back to Purolator for SIM deliveries online (or another courier service) or put the SIM cards in all your brick and mortar locations.  

gitdatako

These Walmart employees are scum.

I got forced into activating it in store too. I told them about the $25 activation that says "online only" and he said he can do the same... I'd advise you guys never to believe what they say. 

Sadly, I've complained to PM, but they allow this kind of behaivour from Walmart.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your lucky to get it for free. At WalMart when mom got sim it was $10 and activated at home .

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@axere wrote:

Sadly I missed on the 25 bonus for my referals too, didn't know that online activation was required. Oh well, at least the sim card was free at Walmart, that's something. And in the long run each dollar counts.

So sorry on missing out on the $25 referral award, but I wanted to commend you on your positive attitude. Still, a warm welcome to Public Mobile!

axere

Sadly I missed on the 25 bonus for my referals too, didn't know that online activation was required. Oh well, at least the sim card was free at Walmart, that's something. And in the long run each dollar counts.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@BobS, for online activations, you should have purchased the sims, then taken them home fore activation.

Sadly, you’ve lost out on the $25/$25 friend reward deal, and most likely, the Walmart rep was going to lie to you, and force an in store activation anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BobS wrote:

Hi guys,

New member here.

I just signed up 2 family members and had Walmart set up the new members.  Does this entitle me so a referral reward?  My account says I've earned $2 ($1 for each person), but aren't I entitled to a one time reward of $10 each?  I understand that the current promotion for referral rewards of $25 each applies only to online set-up, but there was no way for me to order sim cards and have them arrive prior to the end of the $25 promotion.

Thanks in advance!

@BobS:

The new sign-ups will get the $10. The referrer just gets the $1 per 30 days for as long as the new customer stays active with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.