cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference number

Ngoc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! I want to know if I can change reference number after I got my account set up? 

14 REPLIES 14

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc 

In the case that you successfully used a code but charged your mind and want to use a different one.

People tried to do it and they were told the only way you can do that is to open brand new account and use the correct code.

One person however managed to do it as that person was tricked into using different code, it was a sales person who entered the wrong (possibly their own) code instead of the one provided by the customer. They were persistent and they succeeded.

So maybe you could give it a try.

In the case where you forgot to use it or it was invalid so that you didn't get h your referral credit (hence your account is not linked to any referral code) then moderators will help you and add it manually

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

So many questions later have we narrowed this down to being a request by @Ngoc to have HIS/HER Referal code that they give to friends changed to a different one? Presumably because it is a confusing code likely including 0-O and or 1-l-L and or 5-S in it? From the day that Referal codes were changed from being 10 digit phone numbers to these 6 digit Referal codes many have asked “What were they thinking” when they didn’t simply remove these confusing letters/numbers from being assigned. But...it is what it is.

AE_Collector

@Ngoc wrote:

Great. Thanks. 

Once you have used a referral code I think it stays that way.  There is no way to transfer referrals.  Why do you want to change it?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ngoc

Great. Thanks. 

Ngoc

Thank you.

@Ngoc wrote:

Yeah, I mean friend reference code. But I want to change the code if it’s possible. 

@Ngoc  To submit a ticket to the Public Mobile please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMON by clicking this link.

1. Enter Mod at the Ask me anything prompt and hit return
    2. Select Account-specific question
    3. Select No, I want a human
    4. Select the Click me! link

In your message explain that you entered the wrong referral and provide them wit the correct one and ask if it would be possible to correct it.

The message will be received by Public Mobile and they will respond to it. You will receive a response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Public Mobile Moderator Team.

Hope this helps!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ngoc wrote:

Yeah, I mean friend reference code. But I want to change the code if it’s possible. 

Why you want to change the refer-a-friend code?

Referral code cannot be changed.  Only a typo update is allowed.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc hi unfortunately you cannot change your referral code. one user already tried asking the mods to change it with no success

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ngoc hi it is possible if you  contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention referral code  check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

Ngoc

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ngoc wrote:

Hi! I want to know if I can change reference number after I got my account set up? 

Do you mean the refer-a-friend code to get $10 credit?

If you entered a wrong code due to typo, create a moderator support ticket for help.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc wrote:

Ask a family member or friend with a pm account for their referal code.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ngoc  if you mean your alternate phone number you can change/ delete it if everthing is working properly. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ngoc , what do you mean by reference number?  I am not sure there is such a thing.  

Need Help? Let's chat.