cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

marilund
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I signed up I tried referring a friend. It didn’t work because she hadn’t signed up yet. Now she has signed up and I can’t go back and add her now. How do I add this friend so she can benefit. 

7 REPLIES 7

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13, wow didn't know about that.  Thanks for mentioning this.  Definitely a great idea to allow the referral after the fact.  Makes sense because unfortunately some of these retails *cough cough Walmart cough cough* seem to be messing up a lot on these activations.

@dna2016, referrals can now be done after activation.  It has to be initiated by the referred party messaging the moderartors and will involve some varification to make sure that the parties qualify.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dna2016

@Effort ya i'm not understanding the logic on that either.  I've never referred someone without being an actual customer, especially if I know there's a credit for doing so.  Kind of like ebates and Tangerine.

dna2016

@marilundunfortunately you can't be referred unless you are an existing customer.  Based on your scenario, your friend was not yet a customer.  The only way to refer someone is to input their PM phone number in the system when you are activating your phone number.  There's a section on page 1 asking if you were referred, you would indicate yes, and input the person's phone number who referred you, which has to be an active PM number.  If your friend had signed up before you did, AND you input their number when asked during your activation, then they would get the referral credit.  

Worse case scenario you can just give them $12 each year on their bday, Christmas, or New Years to make up for this, lol.

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why wasn't the opposite done? Such as after you signed up, she used you as the referral?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Unless I misunderstood the timeline .Its not possible. If your friend did not have an account when you signed up you can not use them as a referral.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marilund

Your friend need to send a private message to moderator to setup referral after the fact.

As the referrer, you cannot do that.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.